Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:00 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: installation

ORIGINAL: Asimm

well can we post a new sticky with basically a "wiring subs for dummies" and has pics and easy to read diagrams for some of us tricky people

Old 12-19-2007, 01:17 AM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

LAWL!^^^

Old 12-19-2007, 02:24 AM
theonetrueapex is an unknown quantity at this point

So that's why Windows still comes with MS Paint!

Old 12-19-2007, 10:07 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

GO PAINT! i tried photoshop but it looked worse seeing how i cant use it very well

also, it seemed as soon as i saved it as .jpg, it became sorta fuzzy/grainy like the pic above

Old 12-19-2007, 10:55 AM
SmokeU is an unknown quantity at this point

i would

I would have to try and convinced him to let me

what hes worries about is me screwing up the wiring for all of the dash stuff or getting stuck with how to install it so when i get it out i wont know how to put it in and then ill be left with nothing

or that ill be missing a part or something or break something

is whats hes worried about

just hes got a list I'm sure of things that could go wrong

Old 12-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

it is very simple to install a cd player, unscrew the screws that hold the dash trim, remove the trim, unbolt the stock deck, and unplug the wireing harness, make sure you hvae a gm wireing harnes for the deck so it will plug right in, you dont want to hardwire it like some people do. its really simple and cheap to do it yourself, at the most 30 bucks to do it yourself.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:34 AM
SmokeU is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah but then i have to install the subs and amp which would require drilling holes through the fire wall and pulling up carpet and then the actual wiring it self

Old 12-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

you dont have to drill through the fire wall, i ran mine through a hole on the kickplate on the pasanger side, through the door sill, into the fender and into the hood. you cant see it at all, it was easy to do, all you need to do is pop up your kickplates on the door jams the run the wire under them, not hard.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

not hard at all. I can walk you through the entire install. From start to finish.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:07 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have never installed a system before I would advise you to have your equipment professionally intalled. For a deck, subs, and amp you should be able to get out under $150. It's nice to not have to break a sweat and worry about messing something up, plus you get the piece of mind of a lifetime warranty. Also, im sure since your father doesnt want you to install it you could convince him to pay for at least half of the installation cost...

Quick Reply: installation