Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

kicker speaker question...opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008 | 07:09 PM
|
Starting Member
95LS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kicker speaker question...opinions wanted

my truck already had a 8" solo baric in it when i bought it. i am looking to upgrade the rest of my speakers without hacking up the doors/dash in my truck. so compnents are out (as much as id like to go that route from what i hear that sounds better then anythign else) i had the intention of going with kickers for my dash (4x6) front doors (6 1/2 / 6 3/4) and the rear doors (5 1/4) because i heared kicker speakers have good highs/mids but lack on the bass (solo baric will make up for that). the sizes i got for the speakers were off crutchfield i assume those are correct. while on crutchfield all i seen were their DS series. on kickers website they have listed DS,KS,RS,SS "models". i assume the DS is the low end and the SS is the top end with the KS and RS in the middleis this correct? i listen to rock music so i want clear and clean sound. right now the factory speakers have so much distortion in them its not even funny. unless anyone can recommend anythign that sounds better im gonna go with kicker. i need your opinions on what else is out there that will sound better. i dont care how loud it is im after clean and clear. if im not happy with the bass after i upgrade ill get another solo baric to make up for it. another question i have thats kind of off subject is the box thats in the truck is black and it says kicker on it with their logo. it dont feel like wood. if i get another solo baric where would i find a box or maybe a box that will work for 2 8's insted of having 2 boxes.

Old 04-06-2008 | 05:24 PM
|
Starting Member
Default RE: kicker speaker question...opinions wanted

basically i spoke with someone from crutchfield and they said that the "DS" series kicker speakers are their mid level. ive looked around and i can find "KS" series 4x6's and 6 1/2's" but no RS or SS. do they make 4x6 or 6 1/2"' in the RS or SS models? assuming the RS and SS are the best models (i dont know what "series" is better then the others) the crutchfield rep suggested that i got a set of bostom accustics. i never heared the speakers and have no clue if theyre gonna be the best choice or not. can anyone tell me what the order of kicker "series" speakers from worst to best is and what "series" they make 4x6 and 6 1/2" ?

Old 04-10-2008 | 07:33 PM
|
Starting Member

well i went to CC today and listened to what they had to offer. i heared a set of KS 6x9's and i think they sound pretty good so i think im gonna go with kickers over anythign else.

Old 04-10-2008 | 07:35 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point

Save your money and buy components and an amp. Biggest single improvement I have ever made to any of my systems.

Old 04-13-2008 | 12:38 AM
|
Starting Member

ive thought about it but i dont want another amp and i dont want to hack up my doors in the process. i appreciate your opinion but im just wanting to upgrade my factory speakers and get a good clear/clean sound. im looking to spend around $1000 tops on the system. i figure for 2 4 1/2"s in the dash and 4 6 1/2" in the doors and some good wiring and possibaly getting another solo baric 8 i should be within the budget. i plan on putting a lift kit on it and doing some motor work/ bolt ons to get some power out of it and ill be happy.

Old 04-13-2008 | 11:58 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

youre obviously set on kicker speakers based on the numerous threads you have made and objections to anyone elses advice/opinions. Just get them and call it a day.

Old 04-13-2008 | 02:10 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

well i have never heard good things about kicker subs,(from audiophiles) but the amps are great

Old 04-13-2008 | 08:04 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point

Kicker is for the masses....
Not the enthusiast...

Old 04-14-2008 | 01:27 AM
|
Starting Member

im seriously considering kickers only beacause i already have a solo baric. i want to get the best set of speakers that i can with $1,000 tops (4 1/2's in the dash and 4 6 1/2's for the doors) and if the solo baric isnt cutting it buying another one. im looking at $2000 for a lift kit tops and who knows for bolt ons ( headers,exhaust,cai,throttle body,ignition,chip ) and some wheels and tires. if i go with kickers i want to get the top of the line and so far all i can find is KS so i dont know if the RS and SS they make components only or if they make the 4 1/2's and 6 1/2's as well.

Old 04-15-2008 | 01:02 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

with 1000 dollars, why are you wasting your time with kicker? You don't have to cut your doors or your dash to put in a set of componants. Put the 6.5" in the doors tweeters where the 4x6" are. Just because you have a kicker sub doesn't mean you should get kicker speakers. There is better for the money. Especially with what your budget is.

Quick Reply: kicker speaker question...opinions wanted