Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   New System! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/new-system-7941/)

HogsBlaze 01-10-2007 09:55 PM

New System!

I just go a new system. Its a little of a mixture though.Lol. I got a 12 inch pioneer sub, and two 10 inch visionik subs. I have 2 amps to power it all. I think it is a pretty nice sounding thump.

4lowlife 01-10-2007 10:04 PM

RE: New System!

nice. got the gains where you want them?

hillbillyinOhio 01-10-2007 10:43 PM

im not a big fan of mixing subs, the response of 12's is better than 12's, hit a lil off. But if you like it, congrats. thats what a system is for, to make you happy

blazinloud 01-11-2007 02:36 AM

I think what hillbilly meant was that the response of 10's are better than 12's, due to lighter/smaller cone......

amberleee 01-11-2007 05:38 AM

RE: New System![hr] . The frequency response gets better as the size of the woofer goes up. A 10" wont hit the lows as well as a 12 or 15.:)

hillbillyinOhio 01-11-2007 05:54 AM

hopefully, amberleee, you are not responding to my message. Maybe you should do your research as well. 10's and 12's will hit different notes, yes, but the 10s will hit them faster, that is what I meant

blazinloud 01-11-2007 09:16 AM

was amberlee refering to me? anyone can make a ten hit lower than a 15, depending on the box, get YOUR facts straight. geez. I'm no pro installer like hillbilly, but id say i know a thing or two.

And does the frequency response not get worse the bigger the cone?

mikeywaynebygod 01-11-2007 09:04 PM

O.o...you show me a 10 that can outhit a 15" L7. i'll kiss your ass when you do.

hillbillyinOhio 01-11-2007 11:09 PM

im sorry mikewaynebygod, I know of folks that have hit m150;s for a single Type R 10, show me a single kicker that can do that.

mikeywaynebygod 01-13-2007 12:35 AM

50 bucks says the comp vx could. if you get the right box built for it and the right amount of watts to it.

hillbillyinOhio 01-13-2007 12:57 AM

i would like that 50 bux in tens and 5's.

a_tack 01-13-2007 01:10 AM

the vx would hit it..... kicker dealer in town has a 96 2 door blazer.... hit 150 with a single kicker vx........ really shocked some people at a stereo competition...lol but it can be done.....

http://www.lightav.com/car/kicker/compvxsubs.jpg

I showed you one!! Can I have a cookie? lol :Dj/p

splat 01-13-2007 01:26 AM

Kicker is a joke. There was a guy who was running 4 kicker L7 in his s-10(steelcitysounds). Now he is running4 15" Rockford Fosgate T2 subs, and so far the RF subs are putting the L7s to shame....

I'm sorry though, it's just personal preference. I hate kicker, had nothing but problems with their products. Will never use them again.

Here is steelcitysounds with the RF T2 subs:
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/vide...ate/t215.3.wmv

Here it is with the L7:
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/vide...ker/l715.1.wmv

hillbillyinOhio 01-13-2007 01:31 AM

150 on the TL, not outlaw style, meter on dash, none of this at the port or at headreast or kickpanel.

regisvu 01-13-2007 06:51 AM

its great to be able to hold a record for how hard your sub can hit... but unless you are just going for record, whats the point? who cares? why would you want that much bass? its not practical to say the least for everyday diving and listening to music.

im not a fan of mixing subs in a set up, it just sounds off. but if you like it thats what matters

mikeywaynebygod 01-13-2007 12:59 PM

yeah, now everybody disses kicker, but a few years ago they revolutionized the world of subs when they first came out with the square setup. so, i'ma go to my fridge and give everybody some hatorade.

blazinloud 01-13-2007 01:01 PM

<bends over.......comence kissing........j/k, I dont wanna argue "this sub is louder than this one"

and to regisvu, to many this is a hobby, and like many hobbiests, we always tend to go bigger and better ;)

Loud_01_Blazer 01-13-2007 02:08 PM

dam am i the only one around here that likes kicker?? matter a fact i love kicker lol. i probably won't change to something else for a long time...

and i'm pretty sure a solo x 10 in the right box with the right power will do a 150 legal....

splat 01-13-2007 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Loud_01_Blazer

dam am i the only one around here that likes kicker?? matter a fact i love kicker lol. i probably won't change to something else for a long time...

and i'm pretty sure a solo x 10 in the right box with the right power will do a 150 legal....
You blazer looks nice though. I'm picking up a set of 22" Alba Force later this month. Do you have any rubbing issues at all with your 22s?

I am going to admit this though, I used to like the 15" kicker comps from way back in the day. It just seems they went the way of rockford fosgate in quality.

hillbillyinOhio 01-13-2007 03:15 PM

kicker does make great subs, not sold on the SOlo x yet, i hav bumped many a kicker in my time, nothing as good as the orignal solobarics tho. I would ge the l7s again, but issues with power handling, Ive made the magic smoke come out of them many times.

a_tack 01-13-2007 09:54 PM

haha....Splat.. i would not say kicker is a joke.... IMO they beat the crap outta fosgates... i replaced my fosgates with kicker subs..... the problem with kicker is they have to have a crap load of air volume to hit hard... I would run them in place of fosgates any day...... but if you are that crazy about rockford, I have two for sale... want em?? lol;)Kicker is a very high quality brand..... easily as good quality as rockford fosgate or alpine.... as for how loud they are, it all depends on the amp and how you can put air volume behind them,... I know my Rockford amp will push my kickers harder than it pushed my rockford subs....:D

and Loud_01_Blazer.... I totally agree with you... I love kicker too...lol

00blackblazer 01-13-2007 09:58 PM

hey i love kicker, ever speaker and amp in my truck is kicker.

nofear17bmx 01-13-2007 10:09 PM

I just installed a Kicker zx750.1 amp with the kicker DCVR box (two 12" CVR's in a kicker box) and that thing makes my vehicle shake after I finally figure out how to adjust my amp. Anyways after they are worn in I expect themt o get even louder. I havnt even pushed them to their limit yet and when I turn up my volume to 3/4 of its max I swear I feel like I am going to go deaf....I love kicker.

splat 01-13-2007 11:14 PM

I don't like rockford's subs either lol.
I'm not going to argue with anyone on here, and I'm definately not going to defend RF. Simply because I used to compete with rockford products, and when you have subs that fall apart the way these did, you would not be happy with the company that produced them(Rockford that is, I've never competed with kicker). I can tell you that I never lost to a kicker set-up though. ;)
I had a long ass post written out, then deleted it because I really don't want to ruin this thread.
As I said earlier it was my opinion, not everyone's. Don't need to take it so harsh.

Either way, to the thread starter. If you are happy with it, then it is a good system. :tup:

nofear17bmx 01-14-2007 12:11 AM

Even though I love kicker I would never go with them if I were to compete. If I were going to compete I would definatly put more money into my system and get a nice setup.