Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   now I understand old people, mostly a rant. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/now-i-understand-old-people-mostly-rant-85409/)

Robt77 04-16-2014 10:42 PM

now I understand old people, mostly a rant.

20 years ago when I was in high school, I spent a lot of money on car stereo components. Even though I always used best practices, my dad just couldn't understand why I would do such a thing to a car. Now that I own a Jimmy that was hacked up by some wannabee car stereo installer, I have to patch up his work, and I would kill for an unmolested stereo system. I think its cool that you can put high end high powered components in your ride, Just do me a favor and use your head and think it through before you cut the speaker grills out with a steak knife,or drill a hole through your heater core and evap canister in the same day. I might be the old man that has to patch that **** up when I buy it from you.

cubawashere 04-16-2014 11:29 PM

LMAO.... wow, sorry to hear that someone molested your Jimmy like that....lol Truly sucks if the heater core got nicked, depending on the year, it can be a huge PITA

altoncustomtech 04-17-2014 07:38 AM

I don't think it matters what year it is it's going to be a PITA to change, lol.

No one thinks about who's gotta deal with that stuff down the road. At least if it was done right there wouldn't be a big mess to have to deal with afterward. I made a fair bit of money several years ago fixing these kinds of things for people so I know what you're going through, lol.

cubawashere 04-17-2014 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech (Post 624889)
I don't think it matters what year it is it's going to be a PITA to change, lol.

lol....eh, there are some yrs where the heater box is accessible without removing dash assembly. Entire job can be done in an hr or so. Yeah but the point is having to do so, period. I get it. Instead of taking care of their own vehicles for long term use, it just has to sound good -music wise. Smh lol That common backwards philosophy.

Robt77 04-17-2014 12:04 PM

they also hacked up the dash to make it double din, and removed 3 of the seat belts, cutting the passenger side because the bolt was frozen really good. I'm not looking forward to what else i might find.

altoncustomtech 04-17-2014 02:43 PM

Sounds like some real winners had their hands on that thing.

Robt77 04-17-2014 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech (Post 624932)
Sounds like some real winners had their hands on that thing.

sure did, and add that to the normal wear and tear, neglect, and abuse, I'll be fixing a lot of stuff before I get around to the minor mods I want to do. But, I still like it a lot, just not as much as the early 80's full size I found after it was too late.

abig84 04-18-2014 12:05 PM

when i was a teenager i had a amazing car system. used to set off car alarms, vibrate windows on houses, etc. got old after a few years now that i got my own place and have to listen to all this booming that happens on the first nice day out its annoying as hell. i guess its payback :)

cubawashere 04-18-2014 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by abig84 (Post 625012)
when i was a teenager i had a amazing car system. used to set off car alarms, vibrate windows on houses, etc. got old after a few years now that i got my own place and have to listen to all this booming that happens on the first nice day out its annoying as hell. i guess its payback :)

I agree to a degree.... I STILL have lots of volume emanating from my speakers, but it also depends on time of day and location. I will NOT "jam" through neighborhoods after a certain time like 9 or 10 or so. I try to be considerate and have been so since teen yrs......

richphotos 04-18-2014 03:44 PM

I get loud in the Jimmy. I really only turn it down when pulling into a parking lot or when I am coming down my block, otherwise, I listen to it loud to the point where you can see the front windshield wiper arms moving.
Why? because I like music, I like loud music, and I am in my own car.