Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

phoenix gold speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:11 PM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: phoenix gold speakers

Nothing wrong with phoenix gold rsd speakers at all you can buy 6" rsd components for $44 on ebay and they sound damn good. imo opinion your gonna have a hard time finding a better bang for the buck. Oh and bobditts ever hear of phoenix gold TI speakers? they are morels. but they still make them so they must be junk cause they are not 5 years old

Old 01-27-2009, 10:12 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

apparently you overlooked the part where i said "chances are they are not good". I know there are exceptions. And no they arent morels. They are based off of the morels but are no where near the same sound.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:17 AM
Wakeup is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: bobditts

apparently you overlooked the part where i said "chances are they are not good". I know there are exceptions. And no they arent morels. They are based off of the morels but are no where near the same sound.
Uhmmm...how true is your statement? Have you HEARD the Ti comp set?
they are TRUELY made by morel....
May want to do your own research before stating things you don't really know.

They are the same speakers as the Morel Elates just using different crossovers.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=1236
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_id=1234
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ar-review.html

Also do a search in google...pop in Phoenix Gold Ti component set and Morel...These are NOT the only places stating that these ARE Morel Elates.

Anyway also check some of the Car Audio enthusiast (realm of excursion, SSA, Ca, diy, and so on and so on...)forums, and learn for yourself what PG has done/been doing.
Phoenix Gold has gone down some in the recent past...but never to the point where they havenot done what they items say they willdo. IE: Amps even the cheap ryvals andOctanes have ALWAYS done their rated power and then some. Grant it they are made in Chinaor whatever...but they still prove to be a decent hitter. Maybe not Competition grade anymore...but still able to meet and hit the rated specs, and they stand by their product. Great support and good such.

Grant it PG may not be for everyone....But don't knock it till you have done the research and have tried them.

Ti 12 D Elite subwoofer. On par with JL W7 series. Great lows, great sq. Just tooo power hungry.

Cyclone....is a beast to be reconned with:

Ti 951 comp set:

Anyway...The new RSD sub, and RSD Competition subs are quite amazing. The RSD Component speaker sets are ALSO amazing. Can't beat these speakers at the price range. The RSD 12"s run about 129, and rsd 12 comp is about 159. (and compare to the JL 12w6v2 and IDMax 12's. And the RSD Comp sub is just THAT MUCH Better...)
The RSD component sets for their selling price...I believe on ebay going for 65-75 or so a set, usually pretty on par with other $400 comp sets...again read the reviews on some of the Enthusiasts forums, and see...or have a listen yourself. Most people are saying these are not much different than the Ti Comp sets. So that should tell you something right there....not to mention the price point of $65-75.....?!? sheesh can't be beat...you can get 4 sets of them and still be cheaper than higher end MB Quarts or Focals etc...

Anyway...I suggest you research before saying no they are no good.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please keep inline posted images to 640x480 or equivalent to cut down on page size. When linking to photobucket pictures, this is easily done by using the automatic thumbnails generated by Photobucket (th_ prefix).

Old 01-28-2009, 06:39 AM

straight from one of your links - "I am yet unclear on what Morel product these were derived from." And yes, I have heard both. I have also compared them directly. Just because they look similar doesnt mean they are the same. Totally different baskets and motor structure. You may want to do your own research before beleiving everything you read on the net.

Also, no one mentioned any price ranges. So if some one asks if a particular speaker is any good (especially one that specializes in low budget speakers), obviously the smart person who has heard a large number of mobile audio products (such as myself) is going to recommend something much better.

And another thing, how the hell can you compare PG to MB quart. How the hell can you compare either of those to focal? How the hell can you compare buying products on ebay (which is notorious for selling fake products) to one that has to be purchased by an authorized dealer - focal? atleast compare apples to apples.

And please dont tell me those pics are of your install! That wiring is a nightmare, those doors are horrible (lots of bumps and pits. Body filler is not smooth at all) and there is 2 different sized sub boxes right next to each other.

NOTE TO THE OP - NEVER buy your gear from egay unless you love to gamble your money.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:37 AM

straight from one of your links - "I am yet unclear on what Morel product these were derived from." And yes, I have heard both. I have also compared them directly. Just because they look similar doesnt mean they are the same. Totally different baskets and motor structure. You may want to do your own research before beleiving everything you read on the net.

Also, no one mentioned any price ranges. So if some one asks if a particular speaker is any good (especially one that specializes in low budget speakers), obviously the smart person who has heard a large number of mobile audio products (such as myself) is going to recommend something much better.

And another thing, how the hell can you compare PG to MB quart. How the hell can you compare either of those to focal? How the hell can you compare buying products on ebay (which is notorious for selling fake products) to one that has to be purchased by an authorized dealer - focal? atleast compare apples to apples.

And please dont tell me those pics are of your install! That wiring is a nightmare, those doors are horrible (lots of bumps and pits. Body filler is not smooth at all) and there is 2 different sized sub boxes right next to each other.

NOTE TO THE OP - NEVER buy your gear from egay unless you love to gamble your money.
The quote you quoted is just an unbiased OPINION. He also says UNCLEAR....yes...because he does not know. Call up MOREL....yourself....if you dont belive....they will tell you...in fact let me get a link for you.

I did not say you HAVE to buy on ebay....And yes I compare it to MB Quart and Focal because I have owned a set of quarts, and focal. And believe me they are not the cheapy line.
I tooo have been around the car audio world and am not 16 year old kid out of high school.
I just think it all too funny that you have MOREL as your avatar and DO NOT know that this is a morel driver....
http://www.morel.co.il/contact/index.html
Morel America
1301 Hempstead Turnpike Suite 1
Elmont, New York 11003
USA
Toll free number: 1-877-morel-11 ( 1-877-667-3511 )
Fax: 1-718-721-1560
E-mail: usa@morel.co.il

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

BTW I didn't think this was a discussion about how someone's install looks...I thought it was about what PHoenix Gold is/was etc?
I only posted pics to show that I have them in use. Now you can knock my install...Doesn't hurt me any...doesn't make PG any worse or better.
My subs changed from time to time....and I found that if I used my W7 (then install...) and the Cyclone, I would gain about........ ~5-7db on most bass applications.

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

Oh and if you dont want to buy from ebay.....
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...category_id=10
Has RSD comp's Ti Comps etc....

A serious review:
http://www.caraudiomag.com/testrepor...5cs/index.html
Conclusion
If you're looking for a good set of component or coaxial speakers that won't break the bank or force you to take out a second mortgage on your house, you owe it to yourself to check out the Phoenix Gold RSd 65cs. These are some of the best sounding speakers I've tested in this price range and are an excellent value.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your posts if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive posting is another form of Double posting, both of which are prohibited by the rules of the forum.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:04 AM

BTW I didn't think this was a discussion about how someone's install looks...I thought it was about what PHoenix Gold is/was etc?
I only posted pics to show that I have them in use. Now you can knock my install...Doesn't hurt me any...doesn't make PG any worse or better.
My subs changed from time to time....and I found that if I used my W7 (then install...) and the Cyclone, I would gain about........ ~5-7db on most bass applications.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:38 AM

Oh and if you dont want to buy from ebay.....
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...category_id=10
Has RSD comp's Ti Comps etc....

A serious review:
http://www.caraudiomag.com/testrepor...5cs/index.html
Conclusion
If you're looking for a good set of component or coaxial speakers that won't break the bank or force you to take out a second mortgage on your house, you owe it to yourself to check out the Phoenix Gold RSd 65cs. These are some of the best sounding speakers I've tested in this price range and are an excellent value.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:53 PM

your linky dont work just FYI. you muist have typed something pretty offensive for swartlkk to edit your post. naughty naughty. lol. And again, the basket and motor structure of both the morels and the PGs are completely different thus making them different speakers. they are not the same

Old 01-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

your linky dont work just FYI. you muist have typed something pretty offensive for swartlkk to edit your post. naughty naughty. lol. And again, the basket and motor structure of both the morels and the PGs are completely different thus making them different speakers. they are not the same
All links work fine for me. And before you start playing another game putting me into this thing, I only combined his posts. Nothing was removed or edited for content. I also changed the displayed image in his post higher up to cut down on page width and load time. Only the displayed image was altered, not the content.

Honestly, all this "no they don't", "yes they do" talk sounds utterly childish. But that is just my opinion. Seems far too many audio discussions end up in this state. Too much measuring going on and not enough helping. Again, just my opinion. After all, that is all that is being shared here.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:22 PM

ah, thanks for the clarification swart! the morel link works for you? I keep getting a timeout error.

Quick Reply: phoenix gold speakers