Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   Radio issue (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/radio-issue-83631/)

Aumiller15 01-02-2014 07:27 PM

Radio issue

How come whenever I play my radio through Bluetooth CDs or the radio it's fine, but whenever I try to use the USB port with a thumb drive it doesn't wanna play. Any ideas?

altoncustomtech 01-03-2014 07:19 AM

What kind of HU is it? What's the details on the drive/music you're trying to play? Depending on it's quality, age and specifications some HU's cannot address more than a certain size drive, more than a certain number of files, or certain formats and bit rates. Every unit is different so the answers to the above questions could shed some light on what's going on. The other possibility is that the USB port is damaged or not working correctly in some manner of fashion. Have you tried connecting other devices to the USB port to see if they work?

Aumiller15 01-03-2014 09:09 AM

It's a new pioneer and the USB works for other things so I'm not sure

altoncustomtech 01-03-2014 02:49 PM

That's great, but still not enough detail. The more information you can give the more we can do to help you figure out what the problem is.

If it's working fine for other devices then that rules out an issue with the USB port itself. It's either in the size of the drive, the number of songs/files on it or the formats and bit rates you have on there.

With the exact model number of your HU I can pull up the owners manual and see what kinds of limitations the unit has. Then you can check and see if you've got anything with your drive and the information on it that could be causing your issue.

I've seen some HU's work great on anything but Android phones, I've seen others only have issues with Windows phones, I've seen a few others that didn't like to work with anything but Apple devices and I've seen a few that if the songs were put on a USB drive they'd freak out if even one file didn't meet the file format or bitrate specifications. Typically those issues were covered in the OM about what they could and could not do.

Aumiller15 01-03-2014 04:18 PM

The HU is a DEH-X6500BT and any input would be great

Aumiller15 01-03-2014 04:19 PM

It's just a 2 GB drive made for radios

swells87 01-03-2014 04:45 PM

I would bet that it has something to do with how you put the music on the thumb drive or the format. It would be much easier for people to help you with this issue if you gave AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE to your issue. For example:

Exact model of deck
size and model of thumb drive
format and file size of music your putting on the thumb drive
what "other things" has the usb worked for?
when you say "worked for other things" were you playing music off them or just charging?
Does your thumb drive work in other deck's or pc's?
What do you mean by "its just a 2GB drive made for radios" you shouldn't need anything "made for radios" I haven't even seen any made specifically for radios.

On another note I have seen certain thumb drives have issues with some computers or devices, most of the issues were with PNY thumb drives. Try using a different drive and see what happens, and try using windows media player to put the music on the drive just like you were going to burn a cd and see what happens.

I have always been able to just copy music to the drive using windows file explorer and putting it into a folder hierarchy so that it is organized and never had a problem with it that way. Both of my clarion decks work great that way.

The more information you give us the better we will be able to help.

Aumiller15 01-03-2014 05:13 PM

I can't remember the name I'll check the name of the drive and by made for radios it's small so it looks better when plugged in the a normal drive. And it worked for my thumb and ipod both charging and playing music. I don't know the format and size of the files. All I have is my albums on it I just wan it to be simple I don't want all the crap there and I thought this would solve my issue

richphotos 01-03-2014 10:02 PM

If you have albums on it, I am guessing you just drug and dropped the album folders onto the thumb drive, which is not what you want to do in this situation...

You want to remove the files from the folders and put the individual files onto the thumb drive.

Adding folders complicates things making it hard for the deck to recognize things.

Aumiller15 01-04-2014 07:04 AM

I drug each song individually from iTunes to the drive