Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   Radio Static? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/radio-static-9514/)

Daytona 03-23-2007 01:29 AM

Radio Static?

I had a kenwood head unit installed in my 2001 Blazer, more times then none every radio station had a faint static to it. It did not do it all the time, some days it was clear as day. Recently i bought a new head unit it is a JVC, now i am having faint static to every radio station which has not gone away since the new head unit. Im 100% sure all connections are secure and tight so im not exactly sure what could be causing the issue. Any ideas i can try would be great. I have a JVC head unit with two 12' pioneer subs and a 1700 watt kenwood amp, could these be causing the interference with the radio stations?.

hillbillyinOhio 03-23-2007 02:23 AM

RE: Radio Static?

sometimes the radio reception just cusks. get an antenna booster from your local parts store. probably about 2o bucks.

BOTTOMFEEDER MINIS 03-23-2007 02:33 AM

im having the same problem as u describe

Zygoat 03-23-2007 05:13 AM

it could be alot of things,all of the products you metioned are good ones so i doubt that they are to blame, tho it is possible. i doubt if an antenna booster will work becasue the jvc deck should have good components in it and should be able to pick up the signal well. but it is an option. it is more likly that the power being supplied has noise, in other wordsundesied transmissions through the power lines and thus all of the lines in the stero system. i have never had this problem personaly but i know there must be many devices to "clean up" the power in a vehicle given the popularity of car audio. i am positive they have them for home systems

DankBlazer 03-24-2007 04:07 AM

Same problem in my kia after I got my alpine deck installed, I always had clear radio stations and now they're all filled with bad reception, i've never checked the wires though, so there could be a loose wire somewhere.
[align=left] [/align]

hillbillyinOhio 03-24-2007 09:13 AM

I have checked wires in many trucks, the fm sensitivity is better on factory radios. If you go to an auto parts store or place like that and get a antenna booster, it will most likely take care of the problem. I have about 5 on hand at all times in the shop for cases like this.

Daytona 03-24-2007 03:42 PM

The undesired transmissions through the power wires is something i might check into. I have a very hefty power wire going from the front of the car all the way to the back running into a capcitor. Actually my power wire isnt directly connected to my battery, it is connected to the fuse box (the one under the hood) could this be the issue not enough raw power?

Edit: What is a antenna booster? How does it hook up?

bigjsp 03-24-2007 10:06 PM

How old are the plug wires?

Any chance the humidity was up on the noisy days?

does it go away after driving?

Daytona 03-25-2007 02:12 AM

Everything is fairly new, rain sleet or snow clouds or no clouds, i always have static in everystation. Parked or driving.

ORIGINAL: bigjsp

How old are the plug wires?

Any chance the humidity was up on the noisy days?

does it go away after driving?

Zygoat 03-25-2007 04:09 AM

i have never found fm sensitivity to be lower in aftermarket decks. i always fornd that my after market decks had way better fm sensitivity than any of my stock decks. i am not saying hillbilly is wrong but i have never found it. he is right tho if that is the problem, an antenna booster will fix it. it is relativly cheep and worth a try. (they can be found at radio shack, just ask them and they will help you out). basicly every connection in any system is a weak point, the better connections you use the better the signal, also good sheileded cables will help alot to reject unwanted interfireence. more important than all is good grounds, good quality grounds will do the most to fix your problem.