Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   Replacing the speakers in the dash (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/replacing-speakers-dash-35470/)

sifd4x4 10-05-2009 01:02 AM

Replacing the speakers in the dash

When I bought my blazer it had at one point had subs installed and an aftermarket kenwood head unit. However none of the speakers were replaced. Now one of my problems is that only the front door speakers work and one on the passenger side of the dash. I am not getting any noise at all out of the other dash speaker.

Anyways I was wondering how difficult it was to replace the speakers in the dash as far as taking the dash apart and installing some aftermarket speakers.
I also want to install new speakers in the doors.

Any help on how difficult the install is or what are a good budget friendly set of 4x6 speakers is?

Aaron

Unlimitedsp 10-05-2009 09:30 AM

The dash is easy to do. Remove the grills on top of the dash. The speakers are right under them.

zedartwo 10-05-2009 11:05 AM

yup, did this last week, its very easy, kinda tight tho. but watch out for the automatic light sensor on the passenger side, i kinks forgot and almost ripped it right out.

good luck, what are you putting in?

sifd4x4 10-05-2009 12:47 PM

ok now that i actually went and looked at the speakers it seems easy. I dont know what im going to put in. Has anybody tried the Power Acoustic speakers from best buy? I was going to put those in the dash an pioneer 6.5's in the doors

umpa5032 10-07-2009 04:22 AM

instead of buying them separate, why dont u get a nice component system with a crossover" :). might save u some money too depending on what u get

zedartwo 10-07-2009 11:03 AM

Ive got components and love them, the stock tweeter plate (if you have them) worked perfectly and throw the sound at the window, and back towards the seats. bass and mids aren't as directional as highs so having the mids in the doors work out perfectly. i'd say components but thats just my opinion.

ABN31B 10-07-2009 12:40 PM

I blew up my dash speakers and have a pair of Alpine 4x6's to drop in. Was going to go with the Clarion "GM" 4x6's because I am a cheap bastard, but I wanted something that will stand up to getting a little more juice from an AMp (45 watt max? Pft!). Once you pop the covers, you should see some little silly tweeters up there. You will also see that they are mounted on a plate that can be pulled to fit real speakers in the same spot. Unless you go the component route and mount the tweets there, yank the plate and go for 4x6s.

blazerguy22 10-07-2009 06:31 PM

id just through some pioneer 4x6's in but thats just me.

sporty_drew 10-07-2009 06:43 PM

A nice set of components has my vote. Then throw in some subs and take out the rear speakers.

Unlimitedsp 10-08-2009 12:11 AM

I have a 4" JL in my dash. sounds great. Really smooth and crisp