Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   Setting the gain (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/setting-gain-8007/)

nofear17bmx 01-13-2007 08:32 PM

Setting the gain

Target Voltage: 38.7v

I have a very questions with setting the gain. I read this in a tutorial: "Turn off bass boost and any crossovers. Set all equalization and bass/treble controls to zero. Turn off loudness and BBE processing."

Ok, well first off if I set my crossover to the lowest it could go which is 20 wouldnt that just not allow anything to be played or at least the really low notes? What is loudness and BBE? Also what test tone should I download?

hillbillyinOhio 01-13-2007 08:56 PM

RE: Setting the gain

that bbe and everything is just settings on head unit. put everything at zero and then set your gain.

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

Do you have access to test tones??? this website has them for free download.Test tones just download it and copy it 15 times and burn on to a cd to have time to set your gain. You need a dmm (voltmeter with capability of AC current, can buy at walmart or radioshack for 20 bucks) to set your gain on your amp, put all bass and everything on cd player at 0. Your output voltage for that amp is 38.7 v. put your possitive lead in positive terminal on amp, and negative in negative terminal (speaker terminals) put your gain at zero and play the 50 hz test tone. slowly adjust your gain up until you hit that majic number of 38.7 v.
if you turn gain up past that you can kill your amp and or speakers.

Subsonic filter at 10. turn LPF on. as for cd laer, you shouldn't have to mess with anything on the deck setting wise. if you start cranking up the bass on it, you are gng to send a distorted signal to your amp, not good.

nofear17bmx 01-13-2007 09:59 PM

Ok, but what about my other questions:

1. "If I set my crossover to the lowest it could go which is 20 wouldnt that just not allow anything to be played or at least the really low notes?"

2. "
Also what test tone should I download?"

Blazin_Jason 01-13-2007 10:11 PM

What are you setting the LPF on at 20 the deck or amp? If you set a low pass filter it will roll off and not play the frequencies above that number. IE if your LPF is at 60Hz it won't be playing above 60Hz. It will play the frequencies under 60Hz.

Download a 50Hz 0db or -3db test tone, and make sure your dmm is on AC volttage.

nofear17bmx 01-13-2007 10:17 PM

Om my amp the crossover ranges from 20-200 so should I just set that as low as possible when I do this? I dont have any LPF or HPF or anything on my amp...

Blazin_Jason 01-13-2007 10:21 PM

Put it to 80 for starters then I guess.

nofear17bmx 01-13-2007 10:36 PM

Sorry, I was wrong. This is the spec for my crossover:

variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB per octave)

hillbillyinOhio 01-14-2007 02:09 AM

fine, set your filter at 80 hz and download the 50 hz test tone, which i have said three times now.

blazinloud 01-14-2007 09:24 AM

[sm=exactly.gif]

nofear17bmx 01-14-2007 03:49 PM

How do I download the test tone. I click on it and it just opens in a new browser and plays it.