Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   speaker wire adapters in dash tweeters (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/speaker-wire-adapters-dash-tweeters-83917/)

er0ck273 01-17-2014 08:06 AM

speaker wire adapters in dash tweeters

Since my tweeters have blown, I've been looking to put in 4x6s in...I know the bass booster must be cut out. What I was wondering was is are you able to plug speaker wire adapters that you would in the front or rear into the green piece . I was trying to not have to use the original wire already attached to the speaker

LeWhite 01-17-2014 10:22 PM

Wait for Altons response. He put 3" tweeter and 8" mids in his truck. He knows a thing or three about wiring

altoncustomtech 01-18-2014 09:48 AM

LOL.... Not a 3" tweeter, 3" full range and they're not in there yet, but soon, I do have them in hand though. Need time to get to the installation.

I know in the other thread you said that crutchfield said the plug adapters would work for those. It's been such a long time since I've had the 4x6 plates out and looked at them I can't remember what the plug looks like. I'm wondering why you're so worried about cutting those wires on a speaker you're never planning on using again? Even if you do plan on putting it back in if/when you get rid of the truck it's not that hard to reconnect wires.

I have built my own plug adapters in years past by taking a crimp on spade connector and cutting one of the forks off and sliding the remaining one into the factory connector for people who didn't want to cut them off. Worked great and lasted for as long as I knew the people owned the vehicle. All I had to do was fold the wires back over the factory plug and tape it all in place. Not my favorite way of doing things but usable and reliable enough to suggest to others.

er0ck273 01-19-2014 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech (Post 615412)
LOL.... Not a 3" tweeter, 3" full range and they're not in there yet, but soon, I do have them in hand though. Need time to get to the installation.

I know in the other thread you said that crutchfield said the plug adapters would work for those. It's been such a long time since I've had the 4x6 plates out and looked at them I can't remember what the plug looks like. I'm wondering why you're so worried about cutting those wires on a speaker you're never planning on using again? Even if you do plan on putting it back in if/when you get rid of the truck it's not that hard to reconnect wires.

I have built my own plug adapters in years past by taking a crimp on spade connector and cutting one of the forks off and sliding the remaining one into the factory connector for people who didn't want to cut them off. Worked great and lasted for as long as I knew the people owned the vehicle. All I had to do was fold the wires back over the factory plug and tape it all in place. Not my favorite way of doing things but usable and reliable enough to suggest to others.

yea thats a good point. i am about to buy these
Infinity Reference 1031T 1" Textile Dome Tweeters

it comes with a starfish adaptor to make install easier. what i was considering doing was taking the factory metal bracket either completely out and making my own hole to fit the new adapter, or cutting the factory bracket to make it work like that. i figure whatever is a better solution

since all tweeters come with a bass blocker inline, i was considering cutting the old tweeter line before the bass blocker and putting a plug connector or butt splice