Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

sub angles

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 06:56 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default RE: sub angles

ya im thinking about uping the budget quite a bit. I just thought of a new box design that would house 4 subs. I am working on a rough sketch right now. I will post a pic when im done. But it will have 2 bigger enclousers roughly 2cubes each and 2 smaller

Old 09-30-2008, 07:32 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

What is your thought process behind the 2 different sized enclosures? What do you think that will gain you? Keep in mind also that with 2 differnt sized enclosures it would be HIGHLY encouraged to have atleast 2 amps.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:42 PM

i wasnt really thinking about the different sizes. i could connect each side so 2 subs would share roughly 2.5cubes. what would you recommend. Here is a quick sketch let me know what you think.

The cutout is were the amp would go (behind plexi). I may have to make it bigger

Old 09-30-2008, 09:02 PM

Thats a nice design. I would combine the 4 enclosures into 2 depending on what subs you are going to go with. You might also need more than one amp since you are going with 4 subs instead of 2. Unless you get subs that are 250RMS or less, the PDX amp is not going to work.

Before we get too far along in your planning phase, what exactly is the goal of your sub bass you are trying to accomplish? Do you just want loud and obnoxious, do you want tight accurate bass for the utmost sound quality, or do you want something inbetween?

Old 09-30-2008, 09:26 PM

i want something in between. Im thinking about still going with the MTXs along with 2 amps unless you have a better idea. I would rather have more than 250rms unless you think it would be better and stick with one amp. What would you do. I want to stay around $1500

Old 09-30-2008, 09:31 PM

well how big is the opening you have in your new design for the amp(s)? You have to consider a cooling system if the area for the amp(s) is going to be enclosed. 4 of the MTX subs would do very nicely. I would use the new black version they have out that I linked to on the first page.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:55 PM

ya i will have to make more room for the amp but there is plenty of unused space in the middle. Speaking of the middle i plan on using that space for all the wiring along with my amp for the door speakers. Also with this setup do you think i will need a 2nd battery to power it all. I already plan on doing the big3 and installing a HO alt.If i dont need a second battery i will be able to have more are space for the subs and could possibly put to slotted ports in the center

Old 09-30-2008, 10:23 PM

lets not get crazy here. lol. Do you understand what a second battery is used for? All extra batteries are good for, is powering your equipment when the vehicle is not in use. the big 3 and HO alt is all you are going to need. I wouldnt bother with ports because then your enclosure will have to be even larger.

Here is what Im recommending to you - including an amp for the door speakers. I was going to keep with MTX, but I can find a decent woofer for your new situation of 4 subs.

4 of these - $432
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=5612

1 of these - $549
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4738

And this for your door speakers - $500
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4736

Total is $1481

Old 09-30-2008, 10:26 PM

ok do you know were i can get a HO alt, and how many amps would i want/need? what guage wire should i run, im assuming 0. Also i already have an amp for the door speakers

Old 09-30-2008, 10:32 PM

no idea on the alt. I havent looked into that yet. For just those 2 amps, 4ga is all you will need. Run it as close as you can get to the amps and split it into 2 8ga runs using a distro block (preferably fuse). easy cheesy.

Quick Reply: sub angles