Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

sub box location

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:09 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: sub box location

He's got two Type-R's and wants a good box built for 'em.

I should get a good sounding box that's smaller, lol.

My problem is, I can't seem to work out in my head what kind of outside dimensions or rough size "2.5 cubes" is gonna be, lol

Old 12-24-2007, 09:47 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Pm'd you back cloak

Old 12-24-2007, 03:05 PM
RidnClean is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: cloak01ls

I've done a lot of Type-R 12"s before and the best conditions ive found are about 2.5 cubes at 35Hz with around 30sq.in. of port. Sub up port back is definately the way to go in an SUV. YGPM with my price...
how much would it cost to build a box like that

Old 12-24-2007, 05:40 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: RidnClean

I've done a lot of Type-R 12"s before and the best conditions ive found are about 2.5 cubes at 35Hz with around 30sq.in. of port. Sub up port back is definately the way to go in an SUV. YGPM with my price...
how much would it cost to build a box like that
Normally I charge $150 for a single sub and $175 for dual sub boxes. But forforum membersI try to work out a better price to make up for some of the shipping...

Old 12-24-2007, 11:12 PM
BF Veteran

a true blazer bro lol

Old 12-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Normally I charge $150 for a single sub and $175 for dual sub boxes. But forforum membersI try to work out a better price to make up for some of the shipping...
Thats pretty steep man. I only charge 75 for a single and 120 for two subs. more if they want me to class it and all.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

Thats pretty steep man. I only charge 75 for a single and 120 for two subs. more if they want me to class it and all.

Compared to what a lot of people are charging i believe my prices to be very fair. I dont understand how you can go so low on your prices. making $25 profit on a subwoofer box doesnt seem very logical to me...

My basis for my prices is a $50 materials fee and then a couple hours labor...Most shops ive dealt with and worked for have charged anywhere from $225-$300 for a basic carpeted dual sub box...

Old 12-26-2007, 07:07 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Because I pay about 7 dollars for a full sheet of 1/2" mdf and about 10 dollars for a 3/4" sheet. I get glass dirt cheap, so my materials total is usually less than 25 bucks. lol.!

Old 12-26-2007, 10:04 AM
BF Veteran

sweeeeeet. and actually cloak I called 3 shops for a dual carpeted ported box and it was 4-$500, which I thought was totally insane......cost twice as much as i paid for my subs! [:'(]

and special designs we can come up with? or am I limited to the standard slot ported box?

Old 12-26-2007, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

sweeeeeet. and actually cloak I called 3 shops for a dual carpeted ported box and it was 4-$500, which I thought was totally insane......cost twice as much as i paid for my subs! [:'(]

and special designs we can come up with? or am I limited to the standard slot ported box?
I honestly dont think you'll need anything other than a slot port design. It's going to get loud and hit thatlow bass youre after.Plus, going with a bandpass or Horn would yield a box too big to ship for a decent price. I can, however, do a custom logo under the carpet somewhere on the box. Like a GMC logo, Alpine, Maple Leaf, whatever...

Quick Reply: sub box location