Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

beats in the blazer

Old 03-30-2008, 03:51 AM
mykro1dj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default beats in the blazer

i put my 12s into my blazer with my 1000 watt amp, took out the stock cd deck & installed my jvc head unit, put in my 2 inch jvc tweeters, i turned it on everything worked perfect, about 2-3 days l8r i went out to my blazer to got to the store & my back door speakers didnt work!?!? so i took out my head unit checked all wiring & nothing...so i took my rear door panels off & removed the speaker i hooked it up to a diff deck in my buddys truck & still didnt work... they still have full movement & no stress from or on the voice coil, i am stumped... so rite now its just my front door speakers, tweeters, and subs... it still beats in my blazer but id really like to have all speakers working any ideas on what might of happened? & plz dont say too loud & blew them i have been doing intalls for 6+ years & never had speakers just not turn on 1 day

Old 03-30-2008, 02:16 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: beats in the blazer

1.... it doesnt matter if you've been installing for 6,14,42 years. speakers can still blow.

2. Is it just one speaker thats not turning on or multiple ones?

did you put the speaker(s) on a DMM to do a resistance test?

If so what'd they read?