Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

what kind of radio do you have

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:55 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Alton, when you are talking about sound processors,cross overs pico this that and whatever, you may as well start talking another language,woops you are Haha. im about as stupid as one can get when it come to car stereo stuff, i did check out the DVD NAV stuff and was thinking of going that route (double Din dash conversion) and then started checking on the NAV units, and reviews, quit frankly for $1200 bucks im very disapointed, though the audio is ususally is ok, the NAV is either slow, or slow, i descided to just get a Garmin Tom Tom or somthing in that area for that, and if the day does arrive to where i need to watch a video on a 7" screen rather than my 60" in the house i, well i think you are getting my point..
oh im in the $300 or less $ figure for a HU for the money pit that i drive..

Old 01-13-2013, 02:33 PM
May One is on a distinguished road

I just have a Sony single cd player, it was 70 bucks from best buy. Not the most fabulous thing but it does the job, I also got one for my car. It is simple to use and the cd player doesnt skip that much.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:00 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Mayone, which unit did you get from bestbuy?

Old 01-13-2013, 06:08 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

In my 89 S15 Jimmy I have an old 1.5 DIN Pioneer DEH-P77DH. That fits the factory opening. It is a single CD player with preamp inputs and P-BUS and I have a 10 disk CD player plus the Pioneer IPOD adapter in series. I have two LINEAR POWER 452I 2 Channel Amplifiers driving the front and rear speakers plus a Clarion Enclosed Clarion SUB/Amp in the back.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

This is what I have

Attached Thumbnails what kind of radio do you have-x1304400hd-f.jpeg  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by okiedoak20
Alton, when you are talking about sound processors,cross overs pico this that and whatever, you may as well start talking another language,woops you are Haha. im about as stupid as one can get when it come to car stereo stuff, i did check out the DVD NAV stuff and was thinking of going that route (double Din dash conversion) and then started checking on the NAV units, and reviews, quit frankly for $1200 bucks im very disapointed, though the audio is ususally is ok, the NAV is either slow, or slow, i descided to just get a Garmin Tom Tom or somthing in that area for that, and if the day does arrive to where i need to watch a video on a 7" screen rather than my 60" in the house i, well i think you are getting my point..
oh im in the $300 or less $ figure for a HU for the money pit that i drive..
Yeah the double din nav units get pretty ridiculous in price. I've found several good quality single din HU's at SonicElectronix that do everything you listed for around $100 and maybe as high as $150 for an additional feature or two that you may or may not want. Hell, $300 puts you in the range to get just about any single din unit out there with almost any option that's available. SonicElectronix will also include the wiring harness and dash kit for free with the order of the HU as well. You will probably still need to purchase the factory amp bypass harness seperate though. I can get you part numbers for all that if you would like.

It's really not necessary to know or understand everything about all that audio terminology you were getting into things that required it. I think where you're going with this it's really not necessary, but if you ever want any of it explained and easy to understand just ask.

EDIT:I need to note, they can pretty well all do those functions except for steering wheel controls. That will require a separate module with pretty much all of them. From what I'm seeing those modules are in the $50 to $70 range.

Last edited by altoncustomtech; 01-14-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Diaita, very nice looking pioneer HU, also with a ton of features,..nice
bought and installed it in or around 2000, it was the **** then... haha

Old 01-14-2013, 02:08 PM

Alton, the sonic electronics web page is awesome, great prices,never ordered from them, have you, and what was the service like, i was also checking out the CB prices, pretty much the lowest prices around, heck lower than Wal-mart even (i love wal-mart). also i spent some time with a Crutfield tech on Sunday, answering a lot of questions and stuff, so it all comes down to Sh** or get off the pot right lol.

In the $130 + - range pretty much all the features im looking for, i will post pics when i purchase..

And Diaita, doesnt that seem the way it goes, no matter how new an item is its allways gets outdated... but i really like the style and layout of that HU ..
And to every one else thanks for sharing, i will be on a learning curve in car audio, all of which is new to me, except the on-off **** and the CD slot,and volume control

Last edited by okiedoak20; 01-14-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:27 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Alton, the sonic electronics web page is awesome, great prices,never ordered from them, have you, and what was the service like, i was also checking out the CB prices, pretty much the lowest prices around, heck lower than Wal-mart even (i love wal-mart). also i spent some time with a Crutfield tech on Sunday, answering a lot of questions and stuff, so it all comes down to Sh** or get off the pot right lol.

In the $130 + - range pretty much all the features im looking for, i will post pics when i purchase.
Yeah I've ordered quite a number of items from SonicElectronix before, including the Kenwood units in my Jimmy and my sister's Durango. I've never had an issue with ordering from them and the one time I had to call with an issue I thought they handled it very well.

SonicElectronix also sells the Axxess ASWC and PAC steering wheel control integration modules. The Axxess works with most aftermarket HU's and the PAC units are specific to the radio brands. They have one module for Pioneer and Sony units and another for JVC, Alpine, Clarion, and Kenwood. The prices are also pretty good as well being $55 and $58 respectively.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:38 PM

Alton, thanks thats good to know, i wasnt sure if a HU came with the Remote steering wheel control built in or a additional add on,
Robert

Quick Reply: what kind of radio do you have