Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

what kind of radio do you have

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Richphotos, what type of Pioneer is the HU?? Sweet

Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

No radio as of yet but Im taking the kenwood out of my truck when its road ready along with some 6 inch pyle speakers and my pair of rockford fosgates in the back

Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

tonight I took out the Sony Xplode that the P.O had installed
It was driving me insane, rattling in the dash
Turns out he never locked any of the sleeve tabs when he put it in the adapter
I also found a pinched and bared wire (yellow)

Must say that dash bezel sucks to remove the first time doing it

Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Door panel speaker grills in or cut completely out substituting componants' grills? Or does it even matter

Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by okiedoak20
Richphotos, what type of Pioneer is the HU?? Sweet
Thanks, I like it a lot, Its a DEH-4400hd.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:27 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

well here is part of the stereo change over, i started by removing the console and then removing the 6 disc cd player, i did purchace a Midland cb from sonix electronic, quick delivery

Attached Thumbnails what kind of radio do you have-midland1.jpg  
Old 02-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Starting Member
bryanbc is on a distinguished road
Default Cde-hd149bt

I have a Alpine CDE-HD137BT and it works great but i plan to swap it out with a CDE-HD149BT when it comes out in march mostly for the design and it has more settings then the 137

Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Scorched_Earth is on a distinguished road

JVC KW-NT300

Attached Thumbnails what kind of radio do you have-x105kwnt300-o_front.jpeg  
Old 02-19-2013, 01:27 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Trying to put a pioneer 3500 double din in a din and a half dash. Got the double din bezel but its a butch centering the head unit in the dash first. The pioneer will feed an alpine 55 watt four channel and a 1100 watt alpine for the JL 13" sub. The speakers are kappa 60.11. Now Im trying to choose a rear view camera as most of them are plain junk.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:33 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

I got the Clarion CZ702 installed in the truck over the weekend and spent awhile tweaking and tuning it. I have to say first off, I'll never buy another unit again and/or build an installation for myself that doesn't have a complete and comprehensive set of controls such as is found in the Clarion. Be it a HU like the Clarion or a seperate DSP like the miniDSP, MS-8, or whatever all else is out there, it's going to have processing power. With the simple controls of the Kenwood I was able to get quite satisfactory results. I did have a little issue in the 3khz region in which it would almost sound as though the music would screech at high output around that frequency. I'm sure it's a limitation in the speaker and passive crossover design along with installation effects, but it was really only noticeable on certain songs. I had very adequate midbass response and was generally able to get it plenty loud enough for my tastes with very little or no distortion at all with the capability of feeling the midbass in my chest and body on a few songs. I am proud to say, with all the tweaking and tuning I've done so far with the Clarion that I was able to get even better midbass response with less distortion and I've gotten rid of that annoying anomaly in the 3khz region. I can feel the midbass in almost every song I listen to now, not to mention the sound stage is twice as wide and up on top of the dash like it should be after making the time alignment adjustments. Having AT LEAST this kind of processing power should be an absolute requirement for every HU from every manufacturer, lol. I also love the fact that every adjustment happens on the fly. With the Kenwood's I have, if you make a crossover adjustment or change the frequency or Q on the PEQ, or even changing the distance of the DTA (on my KDC-X99 in the van) the sound cuts out for a split second. I assume it does that so the software in the HU can make the adjustment to the signal. On the Clarion it's instant, no pause or cut in the sound at all. I love that because I can hear the slight differences the adjustment makes and hear it really well by switching back and forth a few times to tell if I'm on the right track or not. All in all the HU really kicks *** and I'm likely to get another couple of them just to have on hand! I'm looking forward to trying an active setup with it sometime. The ONLY issue I have found with the unit was one that was mentioned on a few reviews I found on it is that when there's no music playing through the unit there's just a TINY bit of background static type noise. It just is noticeable when there's no music playing and not noticeable at all when it is. If you turn the volume all the way to 0 it goes away, but it doesn't get any louder at all when turned all the way up to 40. It's kind of odd and I think it's a side affect of the DSP and it's software that's built into the unit. I can definitely say if you've looked at the unit with interest but wasn't sure, don't be afraid it has VERY solid features and all the adjustability and how easy it is to adjust is simply amazing to me. On a side note the Bluetooth works great and the dual control for the iPod/iPhone is a kick *** bonus as well. I haven't had a chance to play with the Pandora app much yet but so far it's equally easy and great to use.

Here's a before picture of the Kenwood KDC-X492 coming out:
Name:  84750500-0AED-42B2-B98F-CD75BBAD632F-1183-00000182B144B7F4_zps73dd5d0e.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  352.4 KB

Here's an after pic of the Clarion CZ702 installed and on:
Name:  2A39B2B2-6D39-4391-AFBD-E18CFA3BF77D-1724-000001F190763273_zps60155d25.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  262.8 KB

Quick Reply: what kind of radio do you have