Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

When do you need to upgrade the electrical System?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 01:20 AM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 69chevelle

18"s are not good for listening, just spl. can't hit tight bass notes at all.
BS. go listen to 18" Fi Q and tell me that. sub size has absolutely NO impact on how 'tight' a sub can hit. how its built and box are the main factors.

Last edited by 01vortec; 10-17-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:27 AM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 01vortec
BS. go listen to 18" Fi Q and tell me that. sub size has absolutely NO impact on how 'high' a sub can hit. how its built and box are the main factors.
go listen to those pyramids.
a HIGH quality sub, yes you are right. a low end 18 you can't tell he is going to hit as 'high' as a 12 or whatever? usually they aren\t built g
ood enough to throw around that much weight as fast as a smaller sub.

I am by no means a sound guy, just going from what I have heard in other people's vehicles.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:42 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

What's your budget for equipment? I would imagine that we could give you some good recommendations on what equipment to get for your given budget. You'd be surprised how good of equipment you can buy without spending a boatload of cash. Best thing that's been recommended so far is to steer FAR away from the pyramid stuff. Pyramid, Legacy, Power Acoustik, and other brands where the price just sounds too good to be true for what you're getting are exactly that, too good to be true. The equipment isn't worth the materials that it took to build it.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

I have about $700 to play with, but I may be getting an newer vehicle soon, so I'm torn by indecison on what to do.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:22 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazerboy001
I have about $700 to play with, but I may be getting an newer vehicle soon, so I'm torn by indecison on what to do.
I won't reccommend anything because I dont know much about sound. but what are you aiming for?

you aiming for as loud as you can get, clearity, what kind of music do you listen to?

Old 10-17-2010, 02:01 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

700 can get you a decent substage. But like 69 chevelle said it all depends on what your goals are.

a audioque HDC315/HDC318 and a audioque 2200d would put you right around 700

Old 10-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 01vortec
BS. go listen to 18" Fi Q and tell me that. sub size has absolutely NO impact on how 'tight' a sub can hit. how its built and box are the main factors.
Thank You.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:18 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

just adding a h/o alt wont get you much, it may even make it worse if you blast it lots at idle seeing as how alot of them put out less at idle than a stock. BUT if you add 1 or 2 more *big* batteries (kenetic's or similar) and a h/o alt i bet you'd be safe for more power than you'll ever want in there.

your electical upgrades will be like 1000 bucks if you wanna run that kinda power, plus the audio equipment...its alot of work and money your thinking of doing....

Old 10-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

In this case, Would any of you know where I could Buy two more JL audio 15w08's online? I've googled, yahoo'd, and ask.com'd, and can't find anything. Ebay was also out.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:25 AM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at getting a SSA XCON 18" I reccomend them they can be made to sound musical in the right box. Also for your truck you can swap in a stock GM AD244 200 amp alternator for about $150 they put out over 100 amps at idle. Kinetics batteries are all marketing and hype there is tons better out there stinger for one blows them away. Also don't waste money on capacitors. it would take 2200 1 farad caps to equal the storage capacity of 1 850cca battery. Buying good used amps is one way to get more power for your money. stay away from stuff like pyramid,boss,pyle,audiobahn its flea market junk and the only way they can make there rated power is if they get hit by lightning.

Quick Reply: When do you need to upgrade the electrical System?