Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

$1400 2000 LT Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Nice work so far keep it up!

Old 11-12-2019, 03:45 AM
Ex-Calif is on a distinguished road

It's a decal...

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Is that design on the sides a decal or paint?

Old 11-14-2019, 05:44 PM

First - Many thanks to all the members who have posted (over and over) solutions to the "no cabin heat" problem. Kid's Blazer has the disease. Directional doors all working and blower works at all speeds. Narrowed down to mixer door or blocked heater core.

OK - Yesterday it was 21*F here when I got home - I disconnected the heater hoses, hooked up the garden hose then broke the freakin' tap handle trying to turn it on - Did I mention it was freakin' freezing here? LOL...

My second stupid collapsible garden hose disintegrated late this summer and I planned to replace it in spring. Of course the second garden tap is 100 feet from the car - grrrr....

Today the temps were about 42 so I bought a 50 foot hose at Walamart - of course I had to buy from the RV section of the auto parts area because there are no garden hoses in the garden center when there is snow on the ground - LOL Got home, rigged up the hoses and back-flushed the core. A bunch of black yuck came out. Reversed the flow and was pretty clean. Back-flushed again and in a minute or two clear water was coming out. Reassembled the hoses and started the car up.

20 minutes later, voila! Hot air! Glad I didn't have to cut open the mixer door panel. The last thing on the list before we declare victory is to figure out why the front diff is not engaging 4WD. It was working before the lift so I suspect the linkage under the battery pulled loose or something else pretty simple.

Last edited by Ex-Calif; 11-15-2019 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:50 PM
blakviper is on a distinguished road

Great looking rig, so with that suspension lift, do the 31s rub?

Old 11-17-2019, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by blakviper
Great looking rig, so with that suspension lift, do the 31s rub?
No - No rubbing anywhere...

Old 11-17-2019, 08:34 AM
Starting Member
hurleyii is on a distinguished road

The last thing on the list before we declare victory is to figure out why the front diff is not engaging 4WD. It was working before the lift so I suspect the linkage under the battery pulled loose or something else pretty simple.[/QUOTE]

When i first got my blazer I replaced the front diff locking gears and had to clean ecu connections in the passenger side kick panel. Now i had a Tcase working but still no axle engagement. When i M pulled the front diff for the lift kit i found the shift cable was disengaged at the vacuum thingy magiger.

Yes i said thingy magiger.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by hurleyii
The last thing on the list before we declare victory is to figure out why the front diff is not engaging 4WD. It was working before the lift so I suspect the linkage under the battery pulled loose or something else pretty simple.
When i first got my blazer I replaced the front diff locking gears and had to clean ecu connections in the passenger side kick panel. Now i had a Tcase working but still no axle engagement. When i M pulled the front diff for the lift kit i found the shift cable was disengaged at the vacuum thingy magiger.

Yes i said thingy magiger.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I put that sucker back together I had a hard time finding positive engagement with the spring clip. It was pretty weak. I did pull on it once or twice but that's my prime suspect at this point...

Old 11-20-2019, 06:12 AM

OK this biyatch might be jinxed - LOL... Saturday night along a country highway the right front collapsed and my kid called me. My mind was racing as to whether we put the front end together wrong, missed a cotter pin, missed a torque on something or something failed. Hard to see at night but the wheel came off the hub and was jammed in the wheelwell. I brought the spare from my s10 pick up but the rotor was jammed at an angle having effectively disengaged from the lug bolts so we were gonna need tools. Barney Fife showed up and agreed to leave the vehicle in place for 48 hours.

Next morning cold as a witches tit in a brass bra we assessed the damage. The lug studs had actually sheared but I think that was secondary. I am gonna vote that someone responsible for torquing the lug nuts (him) didn't get 'er done. The rim rode around disengaged for long enough for the brake rotor to grind through the ID of the rim. We installed 5 new lug studs and the S10 spare and got it home. Then being unable to find a matching rim we end up buying 4 from a wrecker and remounted all the rubber.

21*F roadside recovery - damn it's cold...

Getting the S10 spare on...

You can see how well ground the rim is. Coulda been worse...

New studs...

New rims were only $25 each plus about $130 for mounting and balancing. I really like the other rims better but oh, well. He'll refinish them this weekend probably. Ordered some center caps off eBay. He also ended up painting the body below the mold line with textured underbody paint yesterday - I think it looks pretty good...

Old 11-20-2019, 06:45 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Looks good, glad it wasnt too serious!

Old 11-20-2019, 08:13 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Hahah goddamn. Glad no one was hurt, that had potential to be a huge cluster..

Quick Reply: $1400 2000 LT Blazer Build