Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

◄[Project((s)s) double, sometimes triple vision]►

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Been working on my newest white jimmy (though I shouldn't have) a bit more than I originally wanted to. Tried to get an alignment but was told the ball joints were bad. So I replaced the ball joints, tie rods, adjusters (QA1), idler, steering stabilizer, new KYB monomax shocks, energy suspension control arm bushings, and powder coated a few parts. Had the whole front end almost out, like the torsion bars to coat. The steering is much improved now. Spent some time cleaning up the frame. The gas tank was pulled and coated and installed new rubber fuel lines. Added a leaf and 1.25" shackles to the disc rear end that I swapped in. Still on the stock bilsteins but those will be changed. New y-pipe and 2.5" exhaust with a cherry bomb extreme single chamber muffler. This was just supposed to be a driver but I can't leave things alone. Next up is to finish the hid retro so I can see at night. Also have electric fans to install. Those are the must haves, then will do led front lights. Couple crappy pics from tonight after putting on some different wheels.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 PM

Got the stereo mostly done in the g/f's blazer, need to finish amp rack cover. Sounds really good though. Off to go install and aim these in my truck. Hope all goes well!

Old 09-20-2015, 12:13 PM

Couple little things I've never finished but finally did! DIY quick release fire extinguisher mount, and maglite holder. Much better than just sitting on the floor, seat, or rear side pocket.

I've got a 42" LED light bar coming, with plans to roof mount it. I'm either looking into using an Astro rack and making that work. Or possibly a simple diy rack. Waiting on the bar to arrive before I decide what to do.

Attached Thumbnails ◄[Project((s)s) double, sometimes triple vision]►-th_img_4459_zpsuwppvlsr.jpg   ◄[Project((s)s) double, sometimes triple vision]►-th_img_4463_zpsvdjhk0bv.jpg   ◄[Project((s)s) double, sometimes triple vision]►-th_img_4462_zpsx6jwxq3v.jpg   ◄[Project((s)s) double, sometimes triple vision]►-th_img_4465_zpsh3n67geo.jpg  
Old 09-20-2015, 04:47 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

ughh I want your headlights!

Old 09-20-2015, 06:11 PM

One of the best mods I've done! Have some MH1's that I will be putting into some 4x6's and using for fog lights.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:13 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I wish I had the patience and time to do that.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:08 PM

Ha that's funny, I know you're more than capable of doing that. Yes it does take a bit of time, but in the end well worth the effort.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:34 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Ha that's funny, I know you're more than capable of doing that. Yes it does take a bit of time, but in the end well worth the effort.
Also, MN winter has destroyed the jimmy, so putting that money into the headlights when who knows how much longer it will be on the road.. even though will end up getting another first gen haha

Old 02-10-2016, 11:16 PM

I've been collecting toys over the last little bit. Some LED bars, 42" for roof osram combo 10°/40°, 22's will be a light/push bar idea philips 30°/60°, 7" cree floods will be on roof rack/luggage rack that I need to build (2 per side 2 aux reverse), and 2 7" combo's for reverse lights, which might wait till I build a basic rear bumper. I haven't tested the 22" lights yet for their wattage, but the 42" is marketed as a 400w light bar. I tested it at about 170w @ 14.6v. They are china unbranded bars, and not high end so I don't expect them to perform as such. Also finally finished making the hidden winch plate for my smittybilt 10k X20 synthetic setup. It's made from aluminum, so we'll see if if will hold up. Before I install the winch I want to get the 1 ton idler setup installed since I have easy access right now, and the idler is toast.

Attached Thumbnails ◄[Project((s)s) double, sometimes triple vision]►-img_4489_zpsdkywhgqf.jpg