Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   01 Chevy blazer carb VR. fuel injection??? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/01-chevy-blazer-carb-vr-fuel-injection-73518/)

Jeff Hoard 09-04-2012 04:52 PM

01 Chevy blazer carb VR. fuel injection???

soo i am workin on building up my blazer, first off i got 4inches of lift in the front and 6 in the front running 31 11.00 tsl thornbirds, its pretty sick looking but i have one problem i dont have the power to go to a bigger tire, and to me its senseless to have 33 if all they are gunna do is bog out.
so my question is would it be better to make a carb. 4.3l or keep with the stock injection as it stands i wanna obtain at least 300-350 horse. i have heard alot of people claiming that they have done up to 400 hp with a stock injector but there is a problem here most of them have relied on supercharger or turbo and i would like to keep away from that due to the fact of compromising my bottom end. i was wondering if anyone here has attempted to build a vortec 4.3l that is all natural and wondering if u where happy with the way it ran??
as it stand i have many many 4.3l laying around between them i could make something work and here is my plan, take the carb. intake off and 85 4.3l that came outta a astro van, and put it on a 94 tbi, which would give me the advantage of having roller lifters, i plan on putting a comp cam 525 lift cam with a 280 duration, also put a set of 1.6 roller rockers n it, this will give me an RPM range of like 2200-5800 factoring the 1.6, they dont make much difference but in my experence its right around a 100 to 200 jump up in ur rpm range. take the head mill them down 58CC which i belive not totally sure but will put me at right around 11.1 compression ratio. plus also do a port and polish on my heads. after all this convert the fuel line/gaskets in the carb to run E85 so that i wont spark knock and wont have to run racing fuel.
with all this comes a problem the 4l60 wont work due to the fact its ran by a computer, so i would have to go through and rebuild one of the 700r4 that i have and put and update kit in it and relocate the crossmember plus get custom drive-shafts made. now to me this is something that i would rather avoid if i could keep with fuel injection
now all this can still be done to the vortec 4.3l that i have in it but i have one problem u cannot get an aftermarket fuel injector and its not as easy as just cranking up the fuel pressure because the regulator is built into the injector so i cant just buy an aftermarket for it. soo my question is has anyone here found a way to get enough fuel to power a built 4.3 without carb mods??? ohh and no i dont wanna put a V8 in it, my buddies all talk crap about how v6s are junk i have built alot of v8 and just wanna show em what i can do with a v6.
--Jeff

Rottidog 09-04-2012 08:12 PM

https://www.google.ca/#hl=en&output=...w=1681&bih=789

Look it up, There are a few good articals about getting a DD that has 300+ crank HP & reliable.

xillzxnickx 10-21-2012 12:49 AM

4 Attachment(s)
i had once had a 4.3 with a carb it was great ill find pics for you

Attachment 32428

Attachment 32429

Attachment 32430

it drove this vehicle

Attachment 32431

it had a 700r4 tranny with i believe the stock crossmember and it had the same factory transfer case it was a 95 blazer so in ny no emission test its obd1 so the computer did nothing in the car but start it this 1995 was on 33's with a front leaf spring setup it was fast as hell i think my 1995 is just as fast as my efi 5pd blazer thats only on 31's

KM346 10-21-2012 12:13 PM

I realize this thread is kinda old but Here's my opinion...

A built 4.3L wouldn't be anymore useful off road than a stock 4.3L. You're going to need torque to get those tires moving, not HP. A built 4.3L may be able to make some decent HP but most likely wont come close to even a stock 5.7L's torque output.

:icon_idea1:

If it were me i would just re gear your axles for 33's...

OR

Keep stock gears and v8 swap.