Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   02 blazer street build (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/02-blazer-street-build-86182/)

DlriumTrgger 06-16-2014 10:46 PM

02 blazer street build

Hey guys, my first post in this forum. I've always read posts and got some info but never really posted yet.

I have an '02 Blazer LS, 2dr, 2wd, Victory red in color and a manual tranny (people get surprised when I say it has a stick). I bought it in pretty rough condition. Apparently the guy BEFORE the guy I bought it from, put some original IROC five spoke rally wheels and tried to lower it 3 inches. I say tried because he did the budget 3 inch block kit from Advanced, and heated up the front springs and just squashed them down.

SO, along with the cruddy ride, he staggered the height of the tires, originally had 235/55R16 up front and 235/65R16's in the rear. really the only thing kinda of done well is the exhaust, a magnaflow if I'm correct.

We'll I'm not posting to tell you all what's wrong with it, just felt like sharing. What I'm really posting about is what I WANT TO DO to this beast. And I'd like to hear some input from others about where I should get parts, techniques on installation or anything. in regard to the whole vehicle I want to go more towards a street machine with performance and appearance.

Starting with suspension, I want to still keep the 3 inch drop, but do it correctly this time. In the rear I want to do a 4 link setup, eliminating the coils and giving the axle more rigid-ness (word?) I'm being pressured by guys at work to bag it but I may just stick with some coilovers if I haven't figured out anything else. For the front I'm in conflict and I'll tell you why. I'm not sure what the stock ride height is, but by looking up Belltech's drop kits they always have the rear dropped an inch lower in their kits. From this I assume that the rear sits an inch higher on stocks. If anyone can confirm this, cool, but I'd prefer to ride level. I figure if I only need to drop 2 inches, some new stock springs and some spindles would do it? I know I want to install some tubular control arms, found some from Umi pperformance. I know its all a bit pricey, which I am expecting. If anyone has any cheaper alternatives please speak up. I found a 4-link kit from Ridetech, and the spindles from Belltech, although I've heard of some cheaper.

I want to keep the Iroc wheels, but I think I'm going to find some 18 inch replicas, the grey and black, and I found some 245/45R18 Potenza RE97AS's I found at where I work to put on them. Does anyone know of having clearance issues with 18x8 size wheels. I'd like to fit the ZQ3 equipped power steering pump.

Cosmetically, I dont' know I'll do much. I'm mainly thinking of a hood, the cowl induction kind but with the vent towards the windshield. I can't decide on a roll pan or not. haven't decided ultimately a body kit or just steal the Xtreme bumper trim and install some fog lights. I know I want to install HID lights, (which can anyone suggest both high and low beams or how this might work?) within some smoke backed aftermarket projector headlights. I found some LED turning lights for the front bumper I even want to get. There's a guy that has a Cruze at work that installed all LED replacement bulbs with murdered out tail lights, all black and looks pretty bad ass. I thought of doing the same, has anyone else?

I'm at a loss for engine performance. I figured I'd start out by chipping it, Someone has suggested a Centrifugal supercharger, altho I'm not interested in forced aspiration. I guess if I had it my way I'd just put an LS engine in it with a tremec 6 speed. but as for the financially conscious maybe something a little easier.

Input welcome. just so you know I know how expensive and time consuming things can be. trust me, this thing sat for a while when my tags ran out and my water pump and radiator went out on me, so not having a car is no bueno. I'll post pics as soon as I can figure that out.