Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   04 4dr 4wd build/rebuild (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/04-4dr-4wd-build-rebuild-85558/)

Mrthelaxer 06-09-2014 12:31 AM

man you've got a lot of awesome going on here, i like what you did with the exhaust and the tip you have on there. also love the massive subwoofers bet that sounds amazing driving down the road

blazen_red_4x4 06-09-2014 09:19 AM

thanks :) the exhaust tip was a random idea, found it on a Malibu I think it was that came in at work, I believe it's Chevy OEM, has a bowtie stamped in it and all, it's a pretty nice stainless steel piece :) I'm not one for bling, but it looks bettery than a rusty pipe stick out in my opinion lol

I can't wait to finally get it on the road, it's getting registered this Friday :) taking it to a company picnic on Saturday, and if it does well and doesn't give me any issues, I'll be taking it on a 3 hour trip down south for father's day

blazen_red_4x4 06-13-2014 09:28 AM

Got her registered first thing this morning and drove it to work for the first time :) Runs GREAT! Going to put some miles on it tomorrow and hopefully everything will stay in check, but I don't think I'm in for any surprises ;)

blazen_red_4x4 06-15-2014 06:54 PM

Well yesterday I put about 70 miles or so on it. Gotta scan the service engine light and see what codes are throwing, I filled the tank up and it burned through over a quarter tank of gas in only about 50 miles... But otherwise it runs and rides great :)

TS2GFrank 06-17-2014 03:58 PM

Cool build man, just curious what did you use to cut your doors for your tweets? I'm putting a setup in mine soon and im going with Crescendo CZ 6.5 components. I was looking at my doors a couple weeks ago to decide where to put my tweets and you put yours in the same place i decided to put mine. My tweets have a 3/4" depth

blazen_red_4x4 06-17-2014 04:23 PM

Just a hole saw on a drill. Drill through the back side, not the side the cloth is on, or you'll rip the cloth to shreds... Drill very carefully and very slowly when you're getting close to breaking through, place your hand on the other side and you can feel when the teeth of the hole saw start to punch through. I didn't even let the saw get all the way through most the way around the hole. Once I felt it starting to push through, I pulled the saw out and just popped the circle out from the center. Then just a couple slits in the cloth, two "X" shapes (8 slits total from the center out) and slid the tweeter in.

blazen_red_4x4 07-01-2014 03:09 PM

Haven't updated in a while, haven't really done much :P

Changed the AFM and an O2 sensor, were throwing codes. Those seemed to be fixed now and gas mileage has improved a little so that's nice :)

SEL came back on, I knew for the pressure sensor on the tank (it needs the fuel level too, so it'll just wait until I can afford the assembly to fix it all at once), but it also threw a code (I can't remember which one right now) that's pointing towards the evap vent solenoid. I pulled one off another truck at work today that looks brand new like it was replaced not long before the truck was wrecked, so I may throw that on this afternoon, as well as replace a bad wheel speed sensor that's throwing my ABS light on according to my buddy's Snap-On scanner.

blazen_red_4x4 07-02-2014 07:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Woohoo! Progress on something that's been driving me NUTS. Got the ABS and SES lights off!

ABS light was on because the front right sensor was getting no reading. Poking around work, I found that GM full size trucks use basically the same exact sensor, just have a little longer wire on them, maybe 3" more length between the plug and the sensor head. But I found that it plugs into the harness on the frame and the sensor bolts right to the hub, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Old sensor literally fell apart when I took it out lol no wonder it didn't work...

https://blazerforum.com/forum/attach...ine=1404347746

New sensor went in without issues, just transferred the mounting brackets/tabs over to the new wire, put everything back together, gained a little extra slack in the wire which honestly I sort of like (had to make sure it didn't rub on anything...), and as soon as I started moving and the sensor started reading wheel speed, the light shut off! :D

Then I took care of the pesky SES light. Codes it was throwing was P0452, Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input, which by all my research lead me to the pressure sensor on the top of the fuel pump. I had THOUGHT that my only way to reach this was going to be to drop the tank, something I'll have to do eventually because the fuel level doesn't work right as of now anyway... So I was just going to put it off. Until yesterday... when I dropped the spare tire to swap out the vent solenoid in hopes that maybe that was what was throwing the light (which wasn't by the way, light stayed on after swapping it :P ) and noticed that I could get to it, be it blindly and all by feel, but I could access it without dropping the tank. So today at work I found a fuel pump in a 2 door that looks like it was replaced recently and popped the sensor off it. Got home, dropped the spare, crawled under there, and popped the old sensor out of mine, destroying the seal o-ring on it in the process (surprise... good thing I grabbed the nice new one with the other sensor :D ). Popped the new one in, plugged it in, reset the computer and turned the SES light, and so far it has not thrown back on again! I've cycled the ignition and started it about a dozen times and it still remains off and code free, which is more than I could say it was doing before; was throwing the P0452 code on the 2nd agitation cycle before...

So far so good, and now all I have is that danged fuel gauge to take care of... I work in a junk yard and although I probably could manage to find a fuel pump from a 4 door that looks like it is fairly new like it's been recently replaced, I'm not even going to risk it. I'm just going to order a brand new pump and sending unit soon and do the whole shabang and not have to worry about it.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/attach...ine=1404347746

Kong1970 07-02-2014 08:51 PM

Great build! Just read the whole thing and really like what you're doing.

newguy 07-03-2014 01:42 AM

My fuel gauge didnt work because the metal arm with the float on it had slid off the sending unit