Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   1989 Chevy Blazer S-10 (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/1989-chevy-blazer-s-10-a-93961/)

Silent_Spooks 01-30-2017 03:42 PM

1989 Chevy Blazer S-10

Hello and thank you for the help!
I am a proud Owner of a 89 Chevy Blazer with just about 150k Miles on him. I have never owned a Chevy so this is a first. I am getting this Car from my father who has done a lot of work up to this point. Drop spindles, Shock, Suspension, Carbon Fiber Disc brakes all around. He was going to make this Car into his Silent track killer lol. He is giving it to me as a gift, for having my first child and growing family. I will be using this Car mostly a daily driver to work and weekend work horse ( not off roading ). I have worked on old school VW and Hondas. So this will be my first Chevy to tinker with. What are some key things or baby steps to look into modifying the blazer. Car runs like a dream and like I said my Father has put some time and money into the suspension and brakes and has been lowered. I am looking at like cold air intakes, exhaust, but would love some input! Thanks Spooks

hoebob69 01-31-2017 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Silent_Spooks (Post 672733)
Hello and thank you for the help!
I am a proud Owner of a 89 Chevy Blazer with just about 150k Miles on him. I have never owned a Chevy so this is a first. I am getting this Car from my father who has done a lot of work up to this point. Drop spindles, Shock, Suspension, Carbon Fiber Disc brakes all around. He was going to make this Car into his Silent track killer lol. He is giving it to me as a gift, for having my first child and growing family. I will be using this Car mostly a daily driver to work and weekend work horse ( not off roading ). I have worked on old school VW and Hondas. So this will be my first Chevy to tinker with. What are some key things or baby steps to look into modifying the blazer. Car runs like a dream and like I said my Father has put some time and money into the suspension and brakes and has been lowered. I am looking at like cold air intakes, exhaust, but would love some input! Thanks Spooks

first of all congratulations! I bought my 1989 blazer when I was a junior back in 2003 and two rebuilds later,a wife and two kids as well,and it's still my everyday driver and weekend play toy! First thing I would do is swap the center console! You laugh but not having cup holders suck with kids! I wish I would have swapped my alot sooner! Also I added a stage 1 chip,dual exhaust and k&n cold air intake to mine and I'm getting very close to 20mpg with 18 inch wheels and lift! Another thing I found very useful was running a kill switch/volume nob for my amp and subs. The rest is your imagination! I've fabricated a lot over 14 years for mine so if you have any questions I'm here to help.

Silent_Spooks 01-31-2017 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by hoebob69 (Post 672770)
first of all congratulations! I bought my 1989 blazer when I was a junior back in 2003 and two rebuilds later,a wife and two kids as well,and it's still my everyday driver and weekend play toy! First thing I would do is swap the center console! You laugh but not having cup holders suck with kids! I wish I would have swapped my alot sooner! Also I added a stage 1 chip,dual exhaust and k&n cold air intake to mine and I'm getting very close to 20mpg with 18 inch wheels and lift! Another thing I found very useful was running a kill switch/volume nob for my amp and subs. The rest is your imagination! I've fabricated a lot over 14 years for mine so if you have any questions I'm here to help.

Thanks so much! First thing I thought of was a cold air intake and exhaust. Didn't think of a stage 1 chip.... I have no idea where to begin with that. Do you happen to know where to look for those items?

hoebob69 01-31-2017 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silent_Spooks (Post 672785)
Thanks so much! First thing I thought of was a cold air intake and exhaust. Didn't think of a stage 1 chip.... I have no idea where to begin with that. Do you happen to know where to look for those items?

I got mine off of eBay,both of them. I paid around $100 for the chip but it paid for itself within a couple months.