Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 4x4 4dr S10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 1994 4x4 4dr S10 Blazer

oops i r slacking on updates over here so guess it's catchup time:

I just double checked the chrome yellow color im using was used on 'vettes from 99-04 and looks like this:

and the graphic im leaning toward atm is this (assuming I can find someone to make it for me):

this shows the same rims my truck has but mine are pretty ugly these days so thinking about painting them black for now until i have the lift done and extra cash for the steel rims I want.
should look pretty nice when its done (hopefully in the next 3-4 weeks) then I can start on the lift and my newest idea (custom made front and rear bumpers) not positive on the bumpers yet in the process of designing them atm my welder buddy is excited about the prospect of making them (he welds bulldozer blades for cat for a living) they are actually not entirely my idea seen em for fullsize trucks and loved the look (with a few modifications of my own) so trying to draw out what I want and decide if it's feasible or not. It may turn out to be too heavy or just to big to work on an s-series but what im aiming for is a rear bumper like this but with extra backup light on each side where the little design is on this pic:

the front bumper will look like this and yes that is a hidden winch mount in the center:

but with a grille/light guard coming out of the top similar to this:

Ok that is all for getting you up to speed on where I am on .net now for today's news:

Found a guy to make my graphic linked above ($100 for both sides) replacements for the 2 missing center caps should be here Monday (ty ebay!) new rocker panels from lmc due to arrive tuesday picked up my new leaf springs today and a 3" body lift today (no bumper relocation brackets in this lift kit but it had everything else and was only $61 from summit racing.) Also picked up a set of monroe reflex shocks for the front and monroe sensa trac load adjusting coil over shocks for the rear. Sadly no extra money for shackles and new wheels/tires atm so just gonna have to deal with 3" body lift and painting my stock rims (they look like crap anyways) for now gimme a few days (if all goes well) to get everything on and i'll have some pics of it with new paint job completed (minus the graphic) and body lift installed. Oh also found a nice set of the factory black plastic fender flares that are gonna go on until I have the money for better aftermarket ones.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Default RE: 1994 4x4 4dr S10 Blazer

Well guess center caps wont be here monday after all, they came today instead!

Old 03-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

where can i buy these body mount bushings? Because mine are rotten as well on mine and i need two new front fenders and body mount bushings. Which is good to know because i thought it cam with the fender which i no am glad to know, But yeah let me know how much it will cost me for 2 new front fenders and body mount bushings
Thanks

Old 03-04-2009, 04:40 PM

Fenders i got from a friend he put 2 brand new ones from lmctruck on his girl's 92 and she blew the engine 2 months later he got fed up and scrapped the truck (but not before I raided it lol) body mount bushings I still havent done (bought em just not installed) real life got in the way (my first grandchild was born last night so been a lot of running between hospital and doctors and home for the past few weeks) as for the bushings I bought This Kit Summit is convenient for me (only a 30-45 min drive away depending how heavy my foot is that day lol)

Old 03-04-2009, 06:11 PM

Oh kewl, Congrats on the grandchild there, Now when you took them off was you able to mount the new fenders on with it being rusty?

Old 03-04-2009, 07:57 PM

the mounting points were good except for one hole on the core support on driver side (grabbed that off my buddy's truck too) the hard part was putting the new fenders on, there are bolts that are sorta hidden if you dont know where to look (old fenders were so rusted only 4 bolts to remove em) I kept finding more bolts during reassembly and they were of course so rusted they kept snapping off so after replacing half on the pass side I said screw it and bought all new bolts and clips (help aisle autozone and advance) made things much easier TIP: use anti-seize for reassembly just in case you have to take it apart somewhere down the road (I did just in case) being 15 years old never know when i'll have to take her apart to get to something later on.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 PM

ok thanks

Old 03-06-2009, 12:15 PM

Started shooting some of the yellow today (inside and edges of the new doors before i put my window etc in it)

loving the way it looks so far gonna throw some prism clear over it then normal clear on top of that should look pretty sweet and I'll never have trouble finding my truck in a parking lot again lol.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:04 PM

what brand paint did you use and how? like in a can or a actual painting tool like with an air compressor

Old 03-06-2009, 07:22 PM

spraying with a compressor it's taking awhile since I never touched a spray gun before this project so it's a learning process. A buddy of mine was gonna do it but after having my truck 3 weeks and only accomplishing sanding down one door I said screw it took it back home and bought my own gun.

Quick Reply: 1994 4x4 4dr S10 Blazer