Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 4x4 4dr S10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Well slight change in plans, started spraying the yellow today and it just looks too much like a short bus so waiting for it to dry 24 hours and sanding it back down and starting over with black tossing in the yellow as highlights in a couple areas (i.e. the stencil I made for the word Blazer) hate trying to keep black clean though its a pita lol

Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 PM

yeah yeah I been slacking I know...
Well it's been awhile soooooo here's what she looks like atm
Front doors are in color too (just 1 coat on everything so far) but i'm waiting for the polyurethane hinge bushings to arrive before i remount em (which also means the remaining coats of paint have to wait as well since I want to do it all as one unit for those)

Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 PM

yeah yeah I been missing for awhile sorry bout that been busy,new energy suspension body bushings are in, 3" body lift is in, add a leafs are in, polyurethane door bushings are in, paint job is finally completed and started putting the interior back together.
Still have to hook up the shift linkage and do most of the interior currently waiting on window motor for front pass door (its been bad for over a year and since I still haven't put the glass back in yet it's a good time to get a good one) will get some new pics up once its done and out of the garage (wouldn't think more than another day or 2 at most) most importantly I can't wait to drive her again she's been sitting since February

Old 06-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Beginning Member
jah963 is an unknown quantity at this point

Persistence paid off! Nice job.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:01 PM

Ok so it's taking a lil longer than I thought to find the time to finish putting her back together but here's a little sneak peek at the acid etching I did on the rear window (permanent free advertisement lol) clicky the pic to enlarge

Old 06-20-2009, 02:41 AM

Well it's all back together except the bumpers my "easy fix to fill the body lift gap and look different from everyone else" idea isn't going quite as well as i'd hoped was gonna back it out of the garage and take some pics without the bumpers but while putting the shift linkage back in (modified with the extension piece from the body lift kit) I find out it's still nowhere near long enough so gotta decide fight with more fab work to get that working or just buy the lokar cable linkage kit from summit racing or trash the column shift and put a floor shifter in . . . decisions, decisions (BTW have I mentioned my wife wants to kill me since this took so much longer and cost than originally planned?) Pfft her 98 cavalier is next bet she doesn't complain about anything but time on that one!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Very nice bud cant wait to see how it is going to look, after i get my fenders from ebay i am going to buy a cheap compressor and spary gun but not too cheap i will repainting my blazer this blue

Old 06-20-2009, 03:20 PM

that's what i did got a compressor from summit for $135 (7 cfm @ 90 psi) don't work too well for impact gun or cutoff wheel but meh it did what I needed it to and a 2 gun hvlp spray gun kit from harbor freight for $30 then I went back and got a texture gun from harbor freight ($20) and used that to spray bedliner on the entire underneath my truck and from the lower body line down on the sides, turned out great.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

nice i was going to use bedliner on the out side of mine to from right under the side molding all the way down and on the door steps, and when you did under your truck what did you spray everything? like what component's can you not spray like the muffler and all the i know you cant spray but i am not sure on other things

Old 06-20-2009, 06:32 PM

I went overboard i'm sure, I took tcase and tranny out (was replacing a couple leaky seals and figured may as well get front tranny seal too just to be safe) so I just cut a piece of sheetmetal and bolted in on where the tranny would go exhaust was also removed since I was putting on a new high flow dynamax system (cat and everything behind it) so there i just stuffed a rag in the end of the y pipe and just went nuts I sprayed everything in sight liberally.

Quick Reply: 1994 4x4 4dr S10 Blazer