Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 09:26 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, glueing to glass is an art, especially a windshield with all that hot and cold.

I have never seen a single component glue except for these special formulations which will dry under UV light.

Sometimes looking at where the glue stuck is a giveaway of the problem zone. If glue sticks to window maybe the mirror side, else the windows side or the glue if on both sides.

Old 07-29-2018, 10:20 AM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by error_401
Yeah, glueing to glass is an art, especially a windshield with all that hot and cold.

I have never seen a single component glue except for these special formulations which will dry under UV light.

Sometimes looking at where the glue stuck is a giveaway of the problem zone. If glue sticks to window maybe the mirror side, else the windows side or the glue if on both sides.
Seems to be . . lol I've never had much luck with getting them to stay back up for long once they've fallen once. I did go out the other day and try again. . . got it all as clean as humanly possible, glued the button again. . .then let it sit for a full 24 hrs before I rehung the mirror. It's been holding since early yesterday morning so we'll see.

The glue I have is the Permatex Extreme Strength adhesive for rear view mirriors. Wanted to give it one last attempt before spending more money on glue.

Need to go mow the yard, but I also just picked up some upholstery cleaner. . so I might get out and try to work on cleaning up my driver seat belt, which is pretty nasty.

No pics again, but I pulled back the carpet on the pass side and put down the rest of the GT Mat I had. Seems to stop some of the exhaust heat getting in, and made everything a bit quieter. Really want to put some more in but going to hold off on spending more for now.

Also, still fighting the SES light. . . At this point seems like my next step is to order a new EGR Valve. Since the EGR passages didn't seem blocked, and the wiring and computer checked out ok.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:18 PM
stevbre1 is on a distinguished road

Any luck with the EGR valve and SES light?

Old 08-14-2018, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by stevbre1
Any luck with the EGR valve and SES light?
Not really . . lol. Still comes on randomly. . . although it seems slightly improved from before. (comes on a little less). I need to order a new EGR Valve, but since it's not affecting driveability I haven't done that yet.

I did, however, manage to get my rear mirror fixed as it's still holding strong.

I've actually been working on Steering box again, but not for the Blazer. Trying to get my Trans Am to driveable status. Hopefully finishing the rebuild on that won't be too bad.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:28 AM

One other thing. . . .I was looking at the fan clutch the other day, I've been thinking it probably needed replaced. Since I want to upgrade to electric fans I didn't want to spend $ on another clutch. . .and it's like the same price as a cheap set of electric fans. The good news is I have a basically brand new fan clutch from the old 305 in my Trans Am, sitting in my garage.

Was going to just change the clutch, but I noticed the other day the fan from the V8 has 7 blades vs 5 for the OE V6 fan. Fans appear to be the same size, so I'm going to try to just swap out the whole fan assembly. I haven't heard of anyone else doing this, but I would expect it will benefit cooling. Only 4 nuts, so no harm in trying. I'll try to do that soon and report back if there is any noticeable difference.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:45 PM

Still going strong. . .I've been using the Blazer as my Daily. Went to start my Audi today and battery was totally dead since I haven't driven it in weeks.

Haven't swapped out the fans yet, but I'm thinking new radiator is in order. Yesterday the temp gauge got a little high sitting in traffic. . .didn't overheat but need to keep an eye on it. I think I've still got a little too much timing in it as well, so I'm sure that's not helping.

Also, I think the brakes will need more attention soon. Pedal is a little softer than it was, and I never changed or bled any of the brake hydraulics.

Over 3k miles since trans rebuild. . .time for an oil change.

Been working a lot lately so no wrench time. . .gotta make some money to buy more car parts lol.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:05 PM
stevbre1 is on a distinguished road

I wonder if your brake pedal feel is the same problem I’m having: air in the ABS unit? Some days, my brake pedal feels normal, and then other days, it goes halfway to the floor.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by stevbre1
I wonder if your brake pedal feel is the same problem I’m having: air in the ABS unit? Some days, my brake pedal feels normal, and then other days, it goes halfway to the floor.
It could be. . at times I've felt like the ABS was starting to kick in when it shouldn't. It is weird though because it's not like full ABS activation. (usually happens when roads are wet and while braking gently at lower speeds) I did replace the fluid in the Reservoir a while back, but I need to fully flush out the lines with new fluid.

I do still feel like the brakes got worse with the new pads. . .They were cheap so I'm guessing that's part of it. Plus the brake dust is pretty bad. I also don't think that I have ever taken the back wheels off lol. I'll try to at least inspect the calipers and wheel cylinders in the next couple of days for signs of leaks.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:21 AM

So yea. . . I had way too much oil in the engine . . . Probably at least 1.5 qts over full.

Just changed the oil, replaced with some Valvoline Maxlife. Always ran that in the Trans Am's old 305 and have been happy wit it over the years. Old stuff was pretty black and nasty.

Went for a quick test drive after, and it could be in my head, but it seems to idle slightly better now (wasn't bad before). Also acceleration seems better. . . actually feels like I got a couple Ft-Lbs of Torque back. Taking off from a dead stop is where I noticed it the most.

Engine Masters actually tested oil level on Westtech's dyno so proven performance reduction by running too much oil.

I also just ran another 1/2 can of Seafoam through the booster line. I can't believe this is the 3rd time I've run seafoam through and it still belched out a huge cloud of smoke. Guess I'm slowly getting the intake and valves clean lol.

This doesn't really show how much of a cloud I got. Fortunately no one stopped to ask if something was on fire this time

Old 10-26-2018, 02:29 PM

Hey guys. . Still driving. Haven't really done anything else since the last update.

I have noticed one of the driver side outer sway bar (LCA) bracket bolts is partially stripped. Pretty sure it's causing sway bar to be less effective, as well as causing suspension noise. I need to get in and figure out a fix for that.

Idle as gotten a bit rougher. . .especially with the A/C engaged. . . Part of that could be from my EGR system. . . . Still getting the intermittent light for it, as I haven't ordered a new valve to try.

Been kind of a crazy few months for me. . busy with work, out of town, then had my mom come visit. . while still busy with work. Mom drove the blazer while she was here, and coming back from the beach one night I was following her. Lol first time I've seen my truck on the road from an outside perspective. Fortunately this helped me notice my pass side LED isn't working in the brake/tail light. . . . My big take away from it was just how narrow the thing really is on the road. Got me to thinking it really must get some wheel spacers, 30/9.5/15s, and some kind of smaller fender flares. Unfortunately Will be a while yet I'm sure before I'm ready to spend another $800.

Going to try to take some time off this weekend so maybe I'll finally get that Grant Steering Wheel installed, and tighten down the column while I'm in there. Also ordered some of the Meguiars White wax for a good $. . .I used it on my old camry with good results, so I'm sure it will make the blazer's paint look that much better.

Quick Reply: 1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival