Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   1998 lifted blazer build (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/1998-lifted-blazer-build-52323/)

-Z- 12-05-2010 06:54 AM

1998 lifted blazer build

4 Attachment(s)
so over the last couple months iv been iv been trying to decide what to do with my blazer besides sell it when i came accross this site i saw some very niice lifted ones and after my 5 yr old son saw some on here with me he said "dad lets make yours a monster truck" so i done a lot of researching and i must say there was a ton of info on here thats one reason most of you never seen me post up questions lol so anyway lets get to some pics i just got the lift installed just need new tires here is some before pics sorry so small took those with my cell but just a standard 4 door 4wd blazer

-Z- 12-05-2010 06:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i also put new head and tail lights in just for style

-Z- 12-05-2010 06:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i wanted to detail this build as much as possible but the wife took her camera back because she didnt want it all greeay lol but here is a couple tear down pics

-Z- 12-05-2010 07:00 AM

give it a couple hrs for the sun to really come up and ill get some completed pics up

chevytruckdood 12-05-2010 08:26 AM

i like the headlights.and going to watch your build closely my blazers white too lol......

-Z- 12-05-2010 11:15 AM

4 Attachment(s)
and here is some pics of it all done on factory 235/75/15's i went with a performance accesories 2" body lift rough country 2" shackles and 2" inch add a leafs in the rear rough country's upper control arms and super lift keys in the front with t bar adjusting even after reading everything with the pro's and con's of t bar tweaking i told my self if i couldnt get the front up and leveled with threads still showing than i would take out the bottom leaf springs to get a level ride but to my suprise i was able to have plenty of threads on the adjusting screws

-Z- 12-05-2010 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood (Post 384223)
i like the headlights.and going to watch your build closely my blazers white too lol......

thanks i thought the headlights made a huge difference on the appearance plus there a hell of a lot brighter

djerock 12-05-2010 12:48 PM

I like. About how long did it take to do the lift? And what size of tires and rims are you going to go with. This is what im going to be doing to my blazer here soon im going to try to put 32x12.00x15 tires on mine.

-Z- 12-05-2010 03:00 PM

the body lift took about a hr and a half to tear down there were 12 body mounts 10 came loose without a problem the other 2 the heads striped with the first turn i tried everything finally had to resort in using the cutting torch which completely melted my upper and lower body bushings cant get those at the part store so i had to wait i week for those to arrive with the blazer tore down than about a hour or so to put everything back together the suspension again more problems the rear leaf spring to shackle bushing was completely seized and mine were the larger size diameter so again another special order part but i was able to get those next day at the part store and to save future headaches i bought a extra for the other side along with new bolts nuts and washers other than that id say roughly 4 hours give or take depending on what issues you may run into and my blazer has zero rust and i still ran into issues but i would highly recommend buying new body bushings my old ones that came out fine were all mushy and cracked another heads up you'll have to remove the rear sway bar to get the new larger diameter shocks to fit i havent decided on rim's just yet but i done this lift to run 33x12.5

e2thet 03-29-2011 03:12 AM

What did u do about your spare tire carrier access? I installed a pa 2" bl and now the access hole is covered by the frame. Looks like Im gonna have to cut another hole in the bumper to be able to get my spare in and out.