Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   1999 4x4 blazer 4dr rebuild (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/1999-4x4-blazer-4dr-rebuild-70017/)

dano440 04-17-2012 09:04 AM

1999 4x4 blazer 4dr rebuild

Replaced transmission (automatic)
Replace left side drive axle
Replace left side front bearing
Replaced vacuum lines
Replaced front drive shaft
Replace front dif left side seal
Replaced fuel filter
Replaced door pin bushing
Changed fluid in transfer case
Replaced damage rear def fill plug
Replaced water pump
Replace shocks
Replace brakes
Re-balanced tires
Replace idler arm
Replace right front wheel bearing
Replace right front axle
Re-tighten shocks
Installed keyless entry
Replace timing cover seal
Replace serpentine main belt
Replaced idler pulley
Replaced belt tensioner
Tested fuel pump pressure
Replaced radiator
Replaced radiator hoses
Replaced lower ball joints
Replaced left upper ball joint
Replaced dist. Cap & rotor and wires and plugs
Replaced heater core
Replace heater hoses
Replaced rear tires
Replaced fuel pump for the second time (Delphi this time not Airtex)
Replaced fuel filter with new fuel pump
Installed an Add-A-leaf kit to rear springs

Things left to do.
Transfer case tail shaft seal
Fix exhaust leak on left side
Replace front tires
Replace oil in rear end
Replace or fix passenger side recline lever
Reinstall driver’s side door spring
Install steering stabilizer

dano440 04-17-2012 09:14 AM

Replaced windshield last year (lawn mower + rock!!! bad day)
Cleaned MAF Sensor
Replaced Air filter

basically trying to get everything back up to standard that got neglected over the last 8 years of ownership (while the wife drove it)

other things not sure what to do about.

driver sided seat-belt retracter is really slow.
drive ability issue under moderate acceleration up hill there is a breif point of rough acceleration or cutting out but you can push on through it or let up on it and it goes away (possible TPS sensor?, or MAP Senors no codes, no CEL light)

also have the morning loud ticking lifter that quiets down after it warms up, but still tick all the time.

dano440 04-17-2012 09:18 AM

another issue under heavy acceleration I have Cam rattle or pinging.

dano440 04-17-2012 09:22 AM

I also seen the tread about the hose for the secondary air pump that just sticks out in the engine compartment.

Is there a cheaper way to fix it other the GM's $50 hose kit??

dano440 05-08-2012 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
replace rear transfer case seal, leveled center drag link, re-tighten exhaust flange, replace all four tire (235 75 R15) removed & clean throttle body. repaired driver's side door speaker blazerleft.jpg

dano440 05-10-2012 10:03 PM

replace that last ball joint now all have been replace, now of to the alignment shop tomorrow, plus after the 5th tightening the exhaust leak is gone!!!!

the project is almost done. just a few more things left on the list

dano440 05-11-2012 12:44 PM

out of the alignment shop, pretty much everything was out of spec. toe-in by quite a bit.

Brian_D 05-11-2012 08:59 PM

jeez, it should be about brand new now :)

4x4blazerguy 05-11-2012 10:56 PM

That is exactly what I thought. I think I would of taken a vacation to Brazil & bought a new one & wouldn't of spent much more.

dano440 05-12-2012 07:22 AM

well in this county they tax us to death on property tax, the taxes on the 99 are $135 a year. as long as I can keep it running the better off I am our 2006 is $425 a year. and the old beast only has 3 little dings in it, otherwise it's perfect, interior is almost perfect, and now everything works except the recline lever, 3rd brake light, and driver's side door spring. it runs and drive like a new one almost. I have most of the squeaks and rattles out. Wednesday I checked the mileage and it getting 19 to 20 mpg. NADA says it worth $2950 I bet I can drive that much out of it in the next 3-4 years. insurance is only $48 a month, its 13 years old and only has 133,000, I use it for shooting matches, fishing, and hunting.

I can't buy any thing out on the open market to replace it under $5000 around here. example 2005 trail blazer 99,000 miles 4x4 $10,999 and it rougher than mine is, and it 6 years old. and it get worst mileage than the one I got. plus mine is paid for and the insurance on 2005 it $140 per month the 99 is $55 per month