Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   2000 Blazer LS Build (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/2000-blazer-ls-build-59520/)

00PowderSpecial 05-29-2011 02:12 PM

2000 Blazer LS Build

Hello! I'm new here, just signed up. Just picked up this 2000 Blazer last week, and it just rolled over 100000 kms, so lots of life left in it. Over the weekend I took off the mud flaps and rocker guarded the lower half, so now it's a two tone, I was going to paint it after to match but like it black now.

In the near future I think I will do the front bumper in the rocket guard also to get rid of the remaining chrome.

I would like to fit 33x12.5x15 tires on a black steel off road rim. To do this I'm wondering how much lift will be needed and a popular choice of fender flares?

I would also like to get a matching spare and mount like the 2 doors on the rear. Will a factory 2 door spare mount just bolt up or if there any modification to make?

Those are the main mods I would like to do, some lights on the roof would be nice too, anyone know if there is a light bar similar to what certain ford escapes and jeep liberty's have?

Heres a pic for now, any any suggestions are welcomed...no worries of offending me either!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...l/05db3d67.jpg

Brian_D 05-29-2011 03:29 PM

looks nice :) i saiggest hitting the rims with some black but thats just me.

and get some new tires and a lift! hehe

TheRandom1 05-29-2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by 00PowderSpecial (Post 435532)
I would also like to get a matching spare and mount like the 2 doors on the rear. Will a factory 2 door spare mount just bolt up or if there any modification to make?

Yes it will bolt up, BUT you (obviously) have to drill all of the holes yourself. I suppose that counts as a modification? lol

I've also heard that the sheet metal in the area of the bolts is doubled up, but have never actually looked or seen any proof of this. Many members here have added the mount to their 4 doors though and I don't recall any of them adding anything other than just drilling the holes.

As far as fender flares, I've seen members here use the ZR2 fender flares and modify them to work with the rear door, but I don't know if those will be wide enough to cover a 12.50 tire, so I won't comment any further on that part.

oh, nice truck! haha

dimone545 05-29-2011 03:41 PM

everything you asked about can be located on this forum with a little searching bro. Good luck in your adventure and post lots of pics....

00PowderSpecial 05-29-2011 07:24 PM

Thanks for the info guys, I did a bit of searching around after my post and found a few answers. Although I do have a question, can I put 31x10.5's on without a lift? If ya can I may do that this week, I want to either paint the wheels gun metal grey, or black not sure yet, or I may sand them down and polish the aluminum...did it to a set of sportbike wheels a few years ago. We'll see what happens. Currently every wheel/tire leaks air, I'm thinking the wheels are all corroded I might put the winter wheels on for a bit and take the tires off these wheels and clean them up right.

dimone545 I'm liking your parts list you have...do you have a build thread?

00PowderSpecial 06-04-2011 01:45 PM

Here's an update, painted the oem rims today, turned out okay now for some shackles ad a t bar crank and 31x10.5 off road tires

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...l/e3643b82.jpg

00PowderSpecial 07-14-2011 06:17 PM

I'm getting ready to buy some tires...BFG Mud Terrains in 31x10.5x15, but Im going to need shackles for the rear and a torsion bar crank to fit them on, Im just curious where I can buy shackles at?

98chevyblazer 07-15-2011 08:02 PM

I like the look of the black rims with the 2 tone body, well done

warthogdriver 07-15-2011 08:41 PM

ok here we go...
zr2 flares house a 12.5 nicely...cough cough..sig pic. :)
the rear carrier needs the bolts to go thru both the exterior and interior steel...imo

with 31's you need 2" shackles...ebay
and do 1.5" tbar crank. consensus on that is more than 1.5 will kill your front end.

with the tbar crank your cv boots might slip..might not.
easy fix...just keep an eye on them. 3.00 worth of adjustable clamps and bearing grease pack will fix them if they do.

and dimone545 is right...search is your friend...happy hunting.

off to a great start.

00PowderSpecial 07-16-2011 04:58 AM

Thanks guys, I'm going to order the shackles tonight and hopefully they get here asap. Im going to go with BFG Mud Terrains in 31x10.5x15 and put them on the stock rims, going to look for some spacers also to bring them out a bit and the ZR2 fender flares...where would be the best place to get them? GM dealer?

Up next will be replacing the stereo with a blu tooth deck so I can atleast talk on the phone when I drive as a handset is illegal here in NL Canada. Also going to replace the blown speakers, and thats about it. It kills me to drop money in a old vehicle that I won't ever get it back out of, but it works great and so far has been reliable for me, and it would kill me even more to buy a new truck to take where I do, the mine site I work at is 30 kms off the end of the road 90 kms from the Trans Canada Highway so it doesn't get treated well on the drive in, out, or while in here for a week at a time. My time off I honestly don't drive it much, mostly use my motorcycle or if I have to go anywhere I will borrow one of my parents vehicles so fuel mileage isn't a huge concern, but I definitely need some beefier tires before I get a flat on that road, theres no roadside assistance out there!

On another side note I'm going to be building a bush guard/light bar for the front of it, I found one on a Jimmy here and took a few pictures, so hopefully in the next week that will be on it along with 4 new lights I just picked up, this is heavy moose country here, and driving to work at 4 am I can use all the lights I have, and that early here once they get turned on I don't think Ive had to turn them off for traffic lol and thats a hour and half drive. As soon as I have some progress pics I will post them, hopefully a ride of the month is in my future lol!