Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

93 s10 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

It's coming together really nicely! Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:16 PM
johncharles is on a distinguished road

Let the sound deadening begin. Luckily in my former line of work, I kept a lot of leftover butyl based deadening material. It won’t match as some is roadkill (silver) and some is this sky high (black) but I have enough to do the entire interior with one full layer and enough left over to do the wheel wells twice and then I have 1/4” acoustic foam for the firewall before the carpet goes back in.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:16 PM

And yes, there is an area rug under the truck.

Anything less is uncivilized.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:18 PM

Old 07-17-2018, 09:29 AM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Looking good. . .I'm jealous. . .Really want to get my interior fully matted out as well. I saw a nice improvement from doing the doors, but it's still pretty noisy on the highway.

Also, I love the fluorescent light on the roof, great idea . . .I need to rig something like that up with some magnets, for better work lights.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:44 PM

That little LED shop light was only $12 at Home Depot. I bought 10 of them about a year ago. They come in very handy at times.

The sound deadening is taking forever. Once I get the floor finished up, I’m putting the carpet back in after I re-route wiring.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:50 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Nice work. I have to redo the job in the doors. My bodyshop removed some and noise is getting through again.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:54 AM

I'm sure it will be well worth the time to do it all while the interior is out. . . .You did inspire me. . I went out and pulled back the driver carpet last night, put as much GT Mat down as I could, but should be a nice improvement.

One day I'll prob pull all of it like you did, but not ready for that. Also, thinking I'm going to clean up the body underneath and spray on some bed liner. . .should also help cut down on Noise and Heat in the cab.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:29 PM

I’m just about done with the sound deadening. Working on the blazer after work is exhausting plus it’s been upper 80s to lower 90s with lots of humidity the past couple weeks. I wish I had all the vacuum lines hooked up already so I could run the a/c.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:57 PM

I understand. . I'm in FL. Brutal here in the summer. . . .Even with two fans in the garage I have to stop about every 15-20 min to come in side, which really slows my work down. I think we both need to get one of those portable a/c units.

At least your sound deadening should also help keep the cabin cooler once it's all done, with functional a/c.

Quick Reply: 93 s10 blazer