Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   95 Blazer Four door 4x4 (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/95-blazer-four-door-4x4-63624/)

Tangvik1 09-30-2011 11:11 AM

95 Blazer Four door 4x4

3 Attachment(s)
Hello!

Thought i make a thread about my blazer too!

Bought it about a month ago, and has done some things too it:

-T-bar crank, about 1.5 inch too even it out with the back.
-30 inch Cooper Discoverer STT's.
-Mounted some new speakers and a pioneer head unit i had laying around.
-Mounted some light's. (havent wired up the two rear light's jet though)
-Bought new winter tires too.
-Bought some spacers, but when i got them i realised i should get a bodylift before mounting them cause i think they will rub on the front.
(i like doing some offroading too, so a lift may be a must when using those spacers)

So that will be the next project, finding a good bodylift to order:)
+Painting the frame black.
+Im wanting to paint the chrome grille black, but im not sure about how it would turn out.. making the paint stick and so on..

Does anyone have any recomandations for a good cheap bodylift for this car?
I was thinking about 2 inches, that's mabye the only option too?
It has too be a shop that ships too Norway, thats were i live.

Uploading some pictures that i've taken the last monts, and sure hope for some comments:)
(Tips on other modifications would also be great, just keep in mind that this will be a budget project from this point, as i am a student now a days:))

Great forum by the way!

Tangvik1 09-30-2011 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the picture with the lights, hope you like it!:)

Attachment 7913

Tangvik1 09-30-2011 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the spacers btw:)

Tangvik1 10-02-2011 03:10 AM

Hello!

Yesterday i got really unpatient wanting a lift kit. So i ordered a performance accessories kit from e-bay :-D

#132. 95-97 Chevy S10 Blazer GMC S15 Jimmy 2 inch Body Lift Kit | eBay

Has anybody here mounted this kit before? If you've got experiences too share, i'd be more than happy!
Such as what i need of parts when im installing the kit? I've read somwhere that the original air filter box and lineup won't fit?

Also got new rear shocks and a new mufler for the exhaust system since they were worn out.
I would like to do a non stock muffler for the exhaust, but since the lady i bought the car from already had ordered it i guess it will do just fine.
I think i'm going to shorten the last pipe a little bit though, since i don't like the way the original pipe comes out the back.

P.s. feel free to leave feedback :)

Tangvik1 10-02-2011 04:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Washed the car this evning and took some pictures :)
It's been hard to get anything done to the car lately with so much other things going on!
hopefully, i'll get some things done next weekend :)

I'm missing an hub cap on one of my rims! If anybody has one like it laying around, or knows where i could get one i'd be wery happy!
Attaching a picture of a rim with the hubcap in place.

Also, im woundering if anybody has tryed to make som panels on various places under the truck, to keep mud out of the worst places.
Man, it's quite a job to get rid of all the mud! Hehe!

warthogdriver 10-02-2011 07:23 PM

looking good, i think you will like the body lift look when you get it on there....well worth the work. keep it up.

Tangvik1 10-03-2011 12:21 AM

Thanks man :) yeah, thats gonna be a great mod i think! Btw congrats with the rotm!

lt1/ta 10-03-2011 12:30 AM

You have a very sharp Blazer,I love the tires and rims also.How do the tires ride?

Tangvik1 10-03-2011 02:13 AM

Thanks! I'm pleased with the tires, the car drives straight and they dont make too much noise either :) havent put them really to the test offroad jet, but so far so good! It will be fun too see how long they will last too!

christian1984 10-03-2011 08:42 AM

Nice ride. I like the big lights and the rims.

I bought the same Bodylift, but I want to replace the long screws with some, they have a better strength, such like 10.9 or 12.9.

You will have much fun by loosen the old screws.
I killed my 15mm Socket. Itīs just burst.