Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 06:00 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I do, but its plain Jane, I've been looking for this one since the beginning lol

Old 04-27-2019, 06:15 PM
BF Veteran
Default Not 100% blazer, but it's related!

Went out and looked at a car today. Wife wants a car to use instead of the truck, and the teen just got he liscense, we needed something to pass on when she gets her g2. I came across this malibu a few weeks ago, and the wife gave me the go ahead.

2003 chevy malibu. 250km on it.

Needs a cat and a power steering line. But starts with no issues. No knocks. A little paint work. But shes good for a 400$ car.

Now for the blazer portion.

Once the malibu is on the road, I will be getting it as MY daily driver(been using the civic). So I got some parts coming for it as well.

Inner/outer tie rods and adjusters.
Wheel hub.
Installing my rc torsion keys.
Ball joints.
Tighten steering box 1/4 turn.
Install new to me brush guard.

I gotta say, if it wasnt for the blazer. I would be a boring lazy individual lol. Blazer keeps me going, crawling, flexing muscles I forgot about lol...

Old 04-27-2019, 11:33 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL

I gotta say, if it wasnt for the blazer. I would be a boring lazy individual lol. Blazer keeps me going, crawling, flexing muscles I forgot about lol...
... Saying profanities you forgot about

Lol

Old 05-02-2019, 09:13 PM
BF Veteran

Crawled under truck to find out why I had a bad vibration, my rear u joint is shot. My front drivers tie rods are coming undone. And the driver outer tie rod is shot. Passenger ball joints are shot, and lower driver ball joint is gone.

Thankfully I have lower ball joints, my tie rod ends and adjuster arrived today. I need to order upper ball joints and the joint. Thankfully the malibu is holding up.

Just ordered upper ball joints and ujoint, both arriving over the weekend.

Old 05-05-2019, 05:27 PM
BF Veteran

So doing the work on the truck, contacted roughtm country to get the right upper ball joints. And lone behold, they are the wrong ones!

"Stock rc"

K6540 as per rc....
A little annoyed at the moment... any idea which ones I have?

Old 05-05-2019, 07:10 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

I just replaced both my and I do have the rough country lift with uppers for a 2000 GMC Sierra 4wd perfect fit I got the mevotech terrain tough cause the moog didn’t last even a year they seem stronger so far

Old 05-05-2019, 08:15 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Could they have been mis-boxed?

Old 05-10-2019, 06:31 PM
BF Veteran

Unfortunately we are in the middle of switching internet providers, and I ran out of data on my phone, so I haven't been on to update anything in a while. But I finally made headway on the blazer!

With much searching and comparing, I finally found out what ball joints I have, and really have no idea why. But i do NOT have the k6540 ball joints in my rc lift kit control arms, instead mine are k6696, which are for 2010 Silverado 2500hd trucks. So I'm at the point now where I need to return the ones to Amazon, and purchase the correct ones for 20$ more.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:57 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
Unfortunately we are in the middle of switching internet providers, and I ran out of data on my phone, so I haven't been on to update anything in a while. But I finally made headway on the blazer!

With much searching and comparing, I finally found out what ball joints I have, and really have no idea why. But i do NOT have the k6540 ball joints in my rc lift kit control arms, instead mine are k6696, which are for 2010 Silverado 2500hd trucks. So I'm at the point now where I need to return the ones to Amazon, and purchase the correct ones for 20$ more.
That is something RC should have known. Grrr

Old 05-15-2019, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran

Got pictures and other updates to post, but as of right now, got the ball joints pushed in, lower bolted in, tie rods adjusted. Gotta adjust the toe, burn out original ujoint on the tranny side of the driveshaft, move a one way but not the other. And the rear ujoint only had one good point, rest of the were dust... literally. But shes on all fours, and driveshaft is pulled to bring to work and burn out the plastic clips.

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer