Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   Blaze (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/blaze-94045/)

CaRParts102 03-01-2017 10:39 PM

Blaze....

I bought the ZR2 blazer but no spare tire carrier.....Hmmmm where to find one....

Tajohns34 03-02-2017 02:03 PM

It doesn't look like the frame got bent at all. Looks like with some new sheet metal you should be good to go. With 42061 miles this thing is worth saving for sure.

CaRParts102 03-03-2017 07:00 PM

Blaze

1 Attachment(s)
well, test fitting a few parts as I get the ZR2 ready for final assembly

chevyriders 03-03-2017 08:12 PM

Did you get a new radiator support Or straighten out the old one at all? You'll probably run into fitment issues with the fenders and the hood latch if you don't replace it, or do some major pulling on it. Just my .02 cents, I do bodywork for a living and that rad. Support looks pretty bent up to me.

Also, that cowl induction looks sweet, and only 42k miles? Nice

CaRParts102 03-04-2017 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by chevyriders (Post 674338)
Did you get a new radiator support Or straighten out the old one at all? You'll probably run into fitment issues with the fenders and the hood latch if you don't replace it, or do some major pulling on it. Just my .02 cents, I do bodywork for a living and that rad. Support looks pretty bent up to me.

Also, that cowl induction looks sweet, and only 42k miles? Nice

Thank you for the great comment! I have a good used radiator support and grille to put on.... I too am a body man... and sell used parts...

DonL 03-04-2017 01:40 PM

thats not bad at all

chevyriders 03-05-2017 10:18 PM

No problem man, just figured I'd put it out there, I'd hate to see someone try to do a bunch of fit up work with a bad rad. support. Good to see a fellow body guy on here though!

I'd be hard pressed to find a good used rad. Support up here in upstate NY though...The salt in the winters make finding good used panels a tough job.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your progress!

CaRParts102 03-06-2017 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by chevyriders (Post 674408)
No problem man, just figured I'd put it out there, I'd hate to see someone try to do a bunch of fit up work with a bad rad. support. Good to see a fellow body guy on here though!

I'd be hard pressed to find a good used rad. Support up here in upstate NY though...The salt in the winters make finding good used panels a tough job.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your progress!

Right now everything is test fitted and the front sheet metal is square. I will edge the new fender and replace the flare. Then assemble for the final time.

CaRParts102 03-11-2017 06:55 PM

Blaze

1 Attachment(s)
well, today I finished up repairing the front end wiring and fitted the driver flare to the new fender.....

chevyriders 03-11-2017 08:59 PM

Nice work! She's looking way better. Is that a factory style grill, or something aftermarket? It looks different for some reason, but I like it!