Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

"Blue" - The 2002 GMC Jimmy SLS 4 Door

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 03:21 PM
SFP
Beginning Member
SFP is on a distinguished road

Second camping trip of the year. Late March 2022 - again up at Port Renfrew at my fav west coast beach campsite:

Checking in.

The view from right beside the office.

This time we camped at a beach site.

Spot #36 has to be my fav spot at this campsite. Have camped this this one spot has to be over forty times now.

Parked along side the San Juan River east of Port Renfrew

Deep in the forest along the path I call Wolves Run (the local pack uses this road frequently)

Sunset view from campsite #36

Old 08-03-2022, 03:25 PM
SFP
Beginning Member

Third trip of the year, this time we went to Fairy Lake (north east of Port Renfrew in the third week of July 2022):

Camp spot #31 at Fairy Lake

A shot of the lake looking north

Blue with Big Lonely Doug in the back ground - You can Google to learn more about this giant.

Fairy Lake

View form a different angle - yes the campground is in an old growth rain forest.

Another photo looking across the lake

Old 08-03-2022, 03:30 PM
SFP
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by christine_208
Nice! Pretty country.
That it is. I'm blessed to live in such a beautiful spot.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:25 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Great pics! And I agree beautiful country!

Old 03-17-2023, 08:14 AM
SFP
Beginning Member

The March 2023 update.

I've seriously enjoyed this truck to date. It mostly sits as I use an old Volvo wagon as my daily and for work. That being said, when I do have to use it for work, she is great in the city, even if a tad harsh on fuel consumption.

This past December Victoria got hit with good snow the third week of December. Those Avalanche winter tires were amazing in the snow - possibly the best I have ever driven on - highly recommend.

I'm currently chasing a rear brake lights not working. So far have tried new bulbs, fuses and have even installed a new AC Delco brake switch. Monday it goes into the shop for a new multi-function switch and I'm seriously crossing fingers that resolves it.

The past month I finally started the suspension work.

Installed a set of Rancho 5000 series shocks and Moog sway-bar links. What a difference. Next month I will be doing control arms, inner & outter tie rods, bushings, idler arm and pitman arm (all Moog) and balljoints (anyone used the ProForged Tall ones?).

Also did the fuel filter (AC Delco) and MAF (again AC Delco).

Ideally before end of May I'll be swapping out the transmission for a rebuilt. If money allows may look at doing the timing chain and/or freshen up the injectors before September.

After that it's new steel wheels and a set of 30X9.5 tires. Still trying to locate a nice set (5 of them) steel rims - I realize the backspacing is an issue so I'll end up with them sticking out a bit. Anyone have recommendations on a brand & model that I can get in Canada?

If the brake light issue is resolved next week, she'll be heading out for the first camping trip of the year. Also have a trip planned for the end of May/beginning of June. After that, it's a two week trip over to Alberta at the end of September to visit family and friends while doing back country photography - have Waterton has my Big Goal for that trip - LOVE that place.

She really is the perfect rig for the back country on Vancouver Island. Narrow enough for most of the trails. Comfortable to ride in all day. And enough storage for all my gear. Suspect I will either be dropping $4000.xx for the custom rear bumper I want, but have found a local guy that may be able to weld up one for me - if nothing else he can do the rock rails (anyone got a set of plans/photos of ones they have had made and want to share?).

Love this forum and all the help from everyone - it really is a great community.

Knock on wood, new photos coming in a couple of weeks.

Old 03-18-2023, 01:08 PM
Beginning Member
Thol is on a distinguished road

I realy like the camping picktures and the 240 looks to be in an nice condition