Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Buick love

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 05:59 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gojo83
dad is currently in the process of finding a 68 or 69 amc amx before he passes on he said he will own one.

RIP

sold to make the ex wife happy
thanks for the info on the Olds.

those AMX's are fun cars. one of the Science teacher's @ my high school had a '68. he also had a '70 Javelin SST with the “Go Package” on it (super quick!).

guess this is kinda obvious now, but you shoulda got rid of the ex sooner!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Beginning Member
gojo83 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
thanks for the info on the Olds.

those AMX's are fun cars. one of the Science teacher's @ my high school had a '68. he also had a '70 Javelin SST with the “Go Package” on it (super quick!).

guess this is kinda obvious now, but you shoulda got rid of the ex sooner!
Well looking back I should have hit it and quit it but it was game over when she cheatyed on me while I was in iraq. And the absolute final straw was when she tried to sell my black ta then it was completely game over well that and the 25k she managed to waste of mine

Old 01-20-2010, 10:25 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ ouch!

Old 07-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Starting Member
maddie's dad is on a distinguished road

I am a big fan of buick v6's too. At one time I was going to put the power train out of a 1983 buick regal into a 59 chevy pick up. I had it all planned out, and everything was ready to go. Then, life got in the way. Oh well, I aint dead yet. One day I'll have more time and money to chase my brainstorms.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

I love Buicks and Oldsmobiles, the 3800 is one of my favorite engines. I'm more partial to the LN3 and Series one (more the LN3 for favorite) but I love the engine all the same. I started with an '89 Olds 88 and i miss that car but i got something better for it. I wish I had my mom's '89 LeSabre Limited but its rusting away now. The Regal Gran Sport Sedans are another favorite too and yours are very very nice. I'm very partial to the '03+ Park Avenue Ultra in Diamond White or Ming Blue (the midnight blue) someday I'll get one I think. Those are W bodies also I'm pretty sure. Got any ideas to make one a luxury missile that doesn't heel through corners?

Last edited by nineTnine; 07-15-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Beginning Member
gojo83 is on a distinguished road

this is a little update for this thread since it is back from the dead.

this is the tan car now

then under the hood

I may be picking up a 97 gs with a bum trans and swapping in a trans I have in storage for cheap and then flip it for some cash to do the bathroom and make the woman happy. when I have more time I will detail the build on this car but now it is intercooled and has bigger injectors and smaller pulley and new wp and stiffer springs since the old stock springs were fatiguing and giving valve float.

The green 99 I picked up cheap is now the patient I am working on and it is getting parts to become the commuter to college 50 miles away