Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The chronicle of james - entirety

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 03:43 PM
b1heqh54 is on a distinguished road

What's the decal on the fuel door say?

Old 09-21-2010, 03:59 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

HEY! Nice tires.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:01 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Looks like no whinning.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:02 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he was talking about the 4 door S10 ZR5?

Old 09-22-2010, 05:46 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Truck looks good. I need to wash my engine bay soon.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:29 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
Truck looks good. I need to wash my engine bay soon.
I gave up on mine.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Starting Member
dougg01 is on a distinguished road

No, I asked specifically if he meant the CC. He said it was a '97.

Again - he had no actual proof. I'm going to doubt it unless someone on here has seen/heard of such a thing.

The truck looks good from a distance....it won't be this clean again any time soon.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Starting Member
dougg01 is on a distinguished road

New, master thread. I have offended and thus I repent to appease. I have small wheels and less than 10" speakers. Underling.

The plan (as of today) is to take this:

For the purose of this specific discussion - lift/clearance only please - it has:
tbar crank
shackles (and add-a-leaf)
minor trimming

31x10.5s that rub some on full compression while wheeling. See threads in offroading and lifts for more info on that condition.

The old farts over on the CC board have a recipe for 33s they call the MML (Marvelous Mystery Lift). It includes what I already have and the following:
2" Body lift (PA is popular there too)
Skidz flare cuts and flares if you can find them
different suspension stops to inhibit stuffing the tire way up in the wheelwell

This fits 33s and these trucks are wheeled.

Naysayers tell me this can't be done on a 4dr. I call bull.

I plan to do the skidz cuts while removing the evil plastic cladding from the James lower areas and weld the seams and holes up. Traditional body work will follow. I have also purchased the new stops and will throw those on shortly. The cuts behind the rear doors might be tricky, but it looks like it can be done. The rear plastic stuff leading to the bumper will have to depart permanently and I'll look for something cosmetically-suitable for replacement. No ugly moldings ever.

The PA lift will come later and new donuts and braided brake lines will be done then too. We'll fab up some homemade sliders and rear bumper to protect.

I can run the 31s as-is until all this is done and then determine the best wheel/tire package to use. I will settle for 32s if I must. I will be swapping in 3.73s at some point and an 8.5 for the rear is on my wish list.

This will be as far as this thing will or should go. It's a DD. The added clearance will make me feel better when we go wheel and will help us when it floods around home. As it sits today I was a bit shy to try going out until the water receded some. The height of the BL and 32s or 33s (my 31s are only 30.5) will make the water seem less formidable. IFS will keep us out of the trails we shouldn't be on with a DD. Good fun.

Ummm.... Chime in on this plan, offer ideas, tell me it can't be done, and if you know it HAS been done to a 4dr, please provide details. I'm going for it. If the CC guys can....so can a 4dr.

More pics might be loaded later.