Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Frame ID needed for continued build

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Beginning Member
WizardMaster is on a distinguished road
Default Frame ID needed for continued build

Hi All:

I took a build project off a friend's hands and I spose it's a Frankenstein because all three components are different makes but it sits very nice! I know the body is a 93 Suzuki JLX and the drive axles are Toyota Landcruiser approx. 1987 but it's the frame and drive-train I need to know. I'm told it's a Chevy Blazer frame and I'm told that it 'may' be about a 2000 and I'm sure that is far off from it's mark. I'm suspecting around 1986/87 IF it has the original trans and early vortec V-6. I went internet hunting like crazy and I kept looking at my frame and this one spot look suspicious and I got my drill and wire brush out and I found something!!! Not sure what I fount but I found a number that looks important. It is RN101~N018438. And it was on the passenger side of the frame near rear of the tire. I have photos. There was another spot just like it on the driver's side but it was blank. Any help or where to go for from here would be greatly appreciated. Thank-You, Scott

Old 04-11-2019, 01:41 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Those could be the vin # for the org vehicle - I own and happen to like morf vehicles - look at my avatar

Old 04-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Beginning Member

Me too and I like Chevy drivetrains, especially the Blazer!! I grew up GM since my father worked at GM since it opened in Kalamazoo, Michigan around 1965 and until it closed around 1994.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:46 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Ya I've been a Chevy nut for 60+ years - mine's a 1992 GMC Jimmy running gear with vamped frame and 1986 RX7 body - every thing is GMC but the body shell and the lights - lotta fun to build and run ....

Old 04-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Starting Member
jaymzz is on a distinguished road

Doesn't look like a Blazer frame to me at all. Here is my Blazer frame and the rear section of 2wd and 4wd are the same. Mine is an 1989 but GM from my understanding used the same frame all the way through first gen and second gen s10's and just changed some mounts and accessories over the years but not 100% sure. Tomorrow morning when I get to work I will look in my measuring system to see if they are the same or not if the specs are still in the computer.

Last edited by jaymzz; 04-11-2019 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Bad spellar
Old 04-11-2019, 09:45 PM
Starting Member

Also to see if it is a Blazer or not they all had this hump under where the seat is. I cut mine out for more headroom a while back.
]

Old 04-12-2019, 07:09 PM
Starting Member

I looked this morning and the frame specs are not in my computer anymore so don't know if they ran the same frame through the years. Sorry

Old 04-14-2019, 06:21 PM
Beginning Member

OK, thanks. I will take some photos from the underside of my frame. I"M beginning to wonder if it's a Toyota Land Cruiser frame!! God I hate buying stuff from people who 'buy to flip' and give WHAT THEY THINK IT IS without knowing!!!!!!!!! Well, I'm happy as I only traded a quad runner for it and the V-6 sounds like 454 big block! BTW, I know it's a chevy vortex V-6 with what I am told by a friend has a TH250 trans. Another friend says it's a 350 trans LOL!!. I thought I saw that it was a 76/77 TH 200 but my buddy says there's no such thing as a 200, just a 250.... And I know for a fact it has Land Cruiser axles under it. I'm a Chevy guy anyway so I'll be right at home here anyway...... Anyway, I'll get photos and we'll tame this beast of misc. information before us....

Old 04-14-2019, 06:58 PM
Beginning Member

OK, I just got some photos and I hope they are ok. I think my flash was sufficient for now. The rear of the frame with the hitch and double D hook loops throw me off. Even the trans cross member was home-made and what a nice job that 75 year old fella did. OK, that's who they tell me built this beast and I wish they can hook me up with someone related to this project. Anyway, here's some photos. Thanks for all your comments on this.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:41 PM
Starting Member

From the pictures you just put up it is a modified Toyota frame. The steering box gave it away.
Here is one I found that matches on Amazon. Sure looks the same but you might be able to find a number on it to make sure.
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Frame ID needed for continued build