Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   Gotta Start Somewhere (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/gotta-start-somewhere-81815/)

Shadow421 09-28-2013 08:59 AM

Gotta Start Somewhere

6 Attachment(s)
So I picked up my 98 Blazer from a guy I work with after a couple of deer accidents left him beyond upset and just wanting to get rid of it. I figured $550 was a steal given he had already replaced the engine and transmission. It had 1 headlight, no grill, no marker lights, and the core support is smashed beyond repair. Here is a couple of pics when i first got it.

Shadow421 09-28-2013 09:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
After a few zip ties and a donor headlight from my junked Oldsmobile i got the front end put together. Cleaned up it looks pretty good!

Shadow421 09-28-2013 08:07 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Decided that i wanted to lift the Deerslayer a little and clear some bigger tires so i turned the torsion bars up a touch and built some 2 inch lift shackles. Decided to pull the lower valance from the bumper as well since it was flaking and cracked in a few places. Plans for a custom bumper are in the works! :icon_dance-twist: Here is a picture of the old shackles next to the ones i built. Also a few pictures after the transformation. Now i need some bigger tires!

99blzr 09-30-2013 09:23 PM

Nice improvements!

Shadow421 10-01-2013 08:16 PM

Thanks! Ive been pricing out tires.. OUCH!! lol Its going to be a few weeks before i can afford them but they are coming soon!

Shadow421 10-19-2013 05:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well it has been half a month since i posted anything. Nothing new at this point, tire prices are killer and im in the process of getting the steel to build my bumper. I found a couple pictures of what my dream bumper looks like. Hopefully i can come up with something close.

Shadow421 10-19-2013 05:34 AM

Hmmm... If someone could re-size my signature pic for me that would be awesome. Id rather not have it take up half a page.. lol

Dark Rider 10-19-2013 08:13 AM

To resize open it in MS Paint, then in the home section click resize. After that play with it until you like the size.

Great build by the way, cant wait to see it all finished.

Shadow421 01-19-2014 10:04 PM

Update. A lot has happened since i last posted.

I found out that Blazers do not work well as submarines while trail riding with a couple of buddies. Sorry, no pictures, i was a little pre-occupied with trying to swim out of the 4ft water hole to take any. Lol. In the process the engine hydrolocked and we spent 3 days traveling back and forth down the 7 mile trail getting it running when time allowed. Had a few issues but now it is running great! Lol

I have collected most of the parts to put the front end back together and found a friend to help me with my bumper build. I will post pics when all of this goes together. Just need to find time between 2 jobs, 2 kids, and the old ladys schedule..

rexmburns 01-19-2014 10:13 PM

Have you looked into buying used tires? I refuse to buy new tires when you can get close to new for a 1/3 of the price!! Check CL daily and just be ready to buy when you see a good deal on some tires you like.