Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   Grimm's 98 Blazerpit (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/grimms-98-blazerpit-74356/)

Grimm 10-09-2012 02:57 AM

Grimm's 98 Blazerpit

1 Attachment(s)
Ok gang, here she is, my 98 Blazer! (I'll try to get some more pics up soon)

Attachment 10146

Where to begin, hmmm. Well, I got her from a friend I work with, she had a bad knock in her at that time. I traded 36hrs of my time helping my friend move in exchange for the truck. She is 4wd, with some worn out leather seats and a few other small issues. The body has 179000 miles on it, the engine is sitting right now with an ungodly amount of 1000 miles on it, lol!

I had a friend of mine do a little work on her for me. He dropped in a new crate 4.3L Vortec for me, only because I am without a lift or cherry picker right now. I already had it at his house anyways cuz I was having him replace the driver side rocker. So, right now most of what's under the hood is new(engine, water pump, alt, starter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, ignition module, radiator, hoses, computer & crank sensor). I know some of that is minor stuff but it sure dose add up fast! I also put on a Dynamax exhaust system w/no cat. She sounds nice to me!

I have a list of other things that she will get in the some what near future. I want to change out headlights & tail lights, which I think will be the next mods. After that I'm not sure which I will go with next but here is what I am planning. Going to do a new brush guard and a spare tire rack off a 2dr. I want to go with a 2" or 3" suspention lift. Along with different rims & 31" or 33" tires. Some time I will add some lights to the brush guard.

As I do the mods, I will get pics up after each one is done. Keeping my fingers crossed, but hope to do the headlights by the end or Oct if not sooner(just still tryin to recover from all the money that went under the hood. lol)

rexmburns 10-09-2012 08:14 AM

Nice start that thing should last you a long time with a new motor in it!

Hellbilly 10-09-2012 09:45 AM

Sounds like you have a good platform and a good plan . Good luck with the build

Grimm 10-09-2012 01:17 PM

Thanks guys! My wife for my birthday took my Blazer into the shop today to get a brake line replaced. All so I didnt have to crawl around for a few hrs. I think I got a good wife, or she's tired of me being under the truck & not with her, lol!

I hope this Blazer last a long time, cuz I plannin on gettin a minimum of 10 years out of this rig!

Grimm 10-21-2012 11:45 PM

My plan is this for monday. I have the night off of work, so when I get up, I can start on the truck in the afternoon. 1st off, my starter is slightly grinding when starting. When it was put on the shims were left off, puttin them back will be phase one. Phase 2 "?", Phase 3 = Profit! Oh wait, thats south park!(dam underpants gnomes) After the starter, I plan on removing the extierior door trim & cleaning up the sticky residue. Next on the list for the day will be remove the bottom half of the front bumper for a little extra clearance. After its all said and done, more pics! I will be takin a few pics tomorrow as well and get them posted up here. Just need to remember to get a few extra of the before.(only have 2 pics)

Also, I have a lead on a gas tank skid plate for $30. I hope it happens! Should find out tomorrow. And a buddy of mine at work thinks he has a tranfercase skid plate for my blazer. Said I could have it if he does! Kinda like an early x-mas for me here! lol

If all goes well, monday night or early tuesday morning I will have more pick for your pleasure!

Leo_p 10-21-2012 11:51 PM

Jeez I wish mine had 1000 miles on it lol looks solid looking forward to those pics

Maurer6156 10-22-2012 02:02 PM

Front trim is literally little plastic things in holes in your bumper, easy as heck to take them off and the side trim, I did the same already. Hardest part is that annoying sticky tape behind the plastic on the sides. The wheel well trim is literally a bunch of tiny screws.

Grimm 04-27-2013 10:33 PM

I know it's been a while since I last posted up. For starters, I was getting ready to de-trim the truck when my wife told me I couldn't because she like the trim. So, instead of starting a fight I left it alone. :(

With that said, I really haven't done anything but some maint. stuff to her. But I got my new rims ordered today! I finally made up my mind & ordered a set of Pro Comp 52 Series Rock Crawlers from www.4wheelparts.com I will get pics up as soon as they get here! I can't wait!

ohsofly 04-28-2013 12:40 AM

What the heck? Did you wife give up almost 40 hours of her time helping someone move??? No, so take off the mouldings. Start the fight. Make up sex is better than get along sex anyways, and the truck will look nicer. For this reason alone I dont avoid stupid little fights over stuff...

Sheesh, Im the one who owns, pays for, insures, registers, and fixes my wifes Yukon, so when I think it would look nicer with LED lighting, or tinted windows, she doesnt say nuthin about it cause all it costs her is the gas in the tank. Same goes for laundry, since Im not the one who washes the closthes, I dont get to choose the detergent.

Very few women know a thing about making trucks cooler, so dont listen to them. The ones that do know anyhting about modding, are members here already. I need you to reach down behind your zipper, and feel for the frank'n'beans and de-mould the darn truck and have the rough sex. Jeeeeebus.

Grimm 04-28-2013 01:56 AM

LOL I could stop laughin over that one ohsofly! You do make a good point there. I think what I'll do is wait until she is out one afternoon & just do it & see if she even notices. I was just going to remove the door trim for now. I found some rust bubbles around the rear wheel trim yesterday. I plan on having my friend fix it & just happen to leave off the trim. (he still has some of the paint for my truck from the rocker panel replacement)