Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Hulk, lots done, lots to go!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 12:17 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

@ sporty_drew: 3 grand at Harbor Freight Tools for 4 post lift. Or look for a shop going out of business

Old 10-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Love the grill, love the tail lights, like the int. paint. Only 2 things I would change about the int. paint, 1. I wouldn't have painted the radio trim ring, and 2. either finish the overhead console, or don't start it. But it's your ride, not mine, and you have to be happy with it.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Deezy Steez is on a distinguished road

the accessories on the overhead console are painted im not sure if you could see that, im liking the contrast between that and the stock black but thats just me, i was going to paint the speaker grilles as well but ill probably just get rid of them when i replace the speakers anyways

Old 10-26-2009, 12:44 AM
BF Veteran

those grilles are built into the door molding. it would be a PITA to remove
Not saying it can't be done, just saying it will be an S of a B

Old 10-26-2009, 06:49 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

ABN is right..they are attached. You'd have to dremel them out...Besides when you get new speakers won't you want them protected? You're bound to kick them more then a few times if you don't have any sort of guard there..

Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 AM

sorry my bad i meant the tweeter grilles on the dash, i know theyre just tweeters now but i want to beef them up a bit and wire a nice set of alpines so that they can be seen on the dash, ive seen it done a couple of times and just love it

Old 10-26-2009, 10:07 AM
BF Veteran

AH! yeah all you need is a low profile or angled screw driver. Very tight quarters on the forward most screws...
I painted mine and they came out nice. If you leave the speakers exposed you will cause them to break down faster as the sun beats down on them... If you paint them, paint the center air luver grill thing as well to complete the package.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:04 PM

so ive ordered a sub and it shipped out this morning! 12 inch type r (alpine) with a 1000 watt rms monoblock amp (alpine again). should get the blazer shakin up real good haha!
anyways heres my plan for the box! tell me what you think

It'll house 2 alpine type Rs and then a set of 6.5" type r speakers. Then the amp will mount in the center on the top! its just over two feet tall so it should sit level with the back seat! also the hole in the bottom will be filled with a green led to give it a little bit of a kick! tell me what you think

Old 10-26-2009, 09:29 PM
SmokeDogg is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good i like the int. i've been considering that in my truck, the spaeker box is ok, and i say ok because i want to put my subs on the side facing in so i still have some room in the back of my truck

Old 10-26-2009, 09:33 PM

there should still be lots of room, the depth of the box will only be a foot, so i wont really be taking much away from it. i know what you mean though

Quick Reply: The Hulk, lots done, lots to go!