Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Hulk, lots done, lots to go!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:40 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SmokeDogg
looks good i like the int. i've been considering that in my truck, the spaeker box is ok, and i say ok because i want to put my subs on the side facing in so i still have some room in the back of my truck
Originally Posted by Deezy Steez
there should still be lots of room, the depth of the box will only be a foot, so i wont really be taking much away from it. i know what you mean though
i know exactly what you're saying SmokeDogg, i had 2, 12w6 JL's in the back of my '92 jimmy, and could only fit a milk crate between the box & tg. was ok, but not much room for a 97lb Golden Retrevier to sit when the back seat is full.
it's to bad there wasn't more room on the sides (in the back), i've been trying to figure out how to fit a couple of 10's back there without taking away cargo room, or losing my factory cargo cover.
since the idea of removing the door grills has already been mentioned (been there, done that already), has anyone noticed that the front doors "leak" a lot of air? my 6.5's are aren't hitting like they should be (probably gonna end up doin' the door with an enclosure for 8's & mid's).
the truck is coming along well, but still not a fan of the colour (too bright IMO), but the metallic clear is a nice touch.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Deezy Steez is on a distinguished road

yeah i was worried about it being to flashy, but matching it to the exterior just ties the truck together perfectly, and just sets the dash out that little bit. to each their own
ive still got stock fronts, but they actually dont sound half bad, and are you sure its leaking air that's the problem? what kind of speakers are they? deck?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:13 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yeah i was worried about it being to flashy, but matching it to the exterior just ties the truck together perfectly, and just sets the dash out that little bit. to each their own
ive still got stock fronts, but they actually dont sound half bad, and are you sure its leaking air that's the problem? what kind of speakers are they? deck?

i know it's to tie in the exterior colour (i knew it was gonna look like i didn't realize that when i posted it), and you did a good job of it. i'm just saying i'm not a fan of the actual colour of your truck (sorry).

as for the speakers, i'm sure they "leak". everytime there's any bass (hip hop, house, rock, metal, R & B, you name it), i can feel the air coming out around the window switch panel (among many places).
i'm running MTX XT603 6" in all of the doors. they're rated for 65W RMS, 260W peak, and they're running off the factory Delco Electronics CD player (model #09356055).

Old 10-26-2009, 11:17 PM

im not sure then, is the problem in the front and the rear? and if your feeling air coming from behind the speaker then the seal around the speaker probably isnt that tight. ie however you mounted it? correct me if im wrong someone?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:35 PM
BF Guru

im not sure then, is the problem in the front and the rear? and if your feeling air coming from behind the speaker then the seal around the speaker probably isnt that tight. ie however you mounted it? correct me if im wrong someone?
no, you're right. i used the stock mounting pods, with a thin plate to fill the extra space (these are only 6's), and was sealed on both sides (speaker and mounting pod).
i think the problem is these speakers are too much for the "openness" of the door cavity, so i'm probably gonna just build door pockets for some 8's & mid's.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:57 AM

so i gave her a nice wash and wax yesterday finaly...
and guess what showed up at my doorstep, a 12 inch type r and a 1000 watt monoblock alpine amp im going to wire it tonight and have pictures by the weekend get that rearview shakin yet!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:55 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Old skool... 97 lbs? That's a big golden!

Deezy: I'd be careful with the speakers on the dash... you'll be writing "steal my sound system" all over your truck... same effect if you plaster Alpine stickers all over your ride.

Nice work so far... I'm liking the dash Bezel, does it have a smooth texture? Or is it rough?

Old 11-03-2009, 09:19 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

so i gave her a nice wash and wax yesterday finaly...
and guess what showed up at my doorstep, a 12 inch type r and a 1000 watt monoblock alpine amp im going to wire it tonight and have pictures by the weekend get that rearview shakin yet!
What are your plans for a box? And how much do you plan on running to it?

Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oktain
Deezy: I'd be careful with the speakers on the dash... you'll be writing "steal my sound system" all over your truck... same effect if you plaster Alpine stickers all over your ride.
I second this thought. Any speaker gear out in the open is just begging to be stolen. I'd make it look as stock as possible, or else you will more then likely be looking for a new window and system sooner then later

Old 11-03-2009, 05:05 PM

the box is going to house 2 subs, even though i only have one at the moment but its going to be placed mostly to the left side of the truck so that im still able to fold down the right single seat for more storage space. also as for the dash i think ive decided to save some money and upgrade the tweeters and yes my back windows are blacked out so the subs shouldnt be noticed by any unwanted eyes lol

Quick Reply: The Hulk, lots done, lots to go!