Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   Inspired Blazer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/inspired-blazer-81609/)

kajida 04-10-2014 05:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Day 1 of my Winter to Summer conversion. Removed the mud flaps, washed it, clay barred it, and detailed the crap out of the interior. Also decided to go with the black vent covers in the back, although you can't see them here.

kajida 04-10-2014 05:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Day 2 of the Winter to Summer conversion. Shaved the black molding off the sides, busted out the Porter Cable DA polisher and compounded the crap out of the paint; buffed it, polished it, and waxed it. Also got the Firebird rims back on her today.

kajida 04-14-2014 05:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yay spring! Time for a glamour shot!

RMBlazernut 04-15-2014 12:06 PM

Looks great..you have inspired me to try this with my 2 dr.

Tajohns34 04-16-2014 06:50 AM

I usually don't care much for white vehicles. However, your blazer looks awesome.

kajida 04-18-2014 10:48 AM

Cool, thanks guys. I've always loved white vehicles, there's just something about a clean, white vehicle... I'm planning on bed lining the rocker panels, and rear wheel well lip sometime this week when the weather warms up. Also have a ton of minor modifications coming up as soon as the weather warms up again. We got a foot of snow here the other day so she's back in the garage, waiting for summer again...

kajida 12-19-2014 11:51 PM

Well, she had a good life, and maybe she will have another good one for someone else, but after blowing the tranny last week, my baby is going up for sale soon. I love her and will miss her, but she's just to old; time to take the old girl out behind the shed...

tenorsaxdude 12-21-2014 10:11 PM

That's a sad day.

How many miles you got on her?

kajida 01-14-2015 12:20 AM

So, long story short, a month+ ago, my tranny quit; there were no signs, no symptoms, no noise, no nothing, it just stopped doing anything. Tranny shop assured me that there was lots of shavings in the tranny pan and it needed a $1500-$2500 rebuild. I declined it as the truck is only worth like $3000 tops, and decided to sell it "as is."

So I sold my blazer a couple days ago, sad day, and asked the buyer if he could let me know what the actual problem was when he got it fixed... He emailed me today...

The tranny filter had popped out of socket preventing fluid from being sucked up...

I am absolutely heart broken that I sold my truck when all it needed was a fluid and filter checkup... But that's what I get for listening to the "expert" transmission mechanics...

SO, if your transmission ever just STOPS doing anything... No gears, no go, no nothing? Check to see if the filter popped out of socket....

newguy 01-14-2015 03:32 AM

Sorry man, that sucks

rexmburns 01-14-2015 07:23 AM

I wouldn't take anything to that trans shop and I'd be sure to warn everyone you know of them as well. They wouldn't be able to tell if there was anything in the pan unless they removed the pan and then they would have found the filter popped off and "should" have been able to pop it back on and be good to go. They clearly aren't reputable and only care about $ and not customer service! Sorry to hear you sold it.

ntjoe 01-14-2015 08:41 AM

I'd even go so far as to call the tranny shop and let them know what you found out from the new owner. Call them out and let them know you know, and then tell them you plan to tell everyone about it as Rex suggested. Ask for the owner or manager and then also file a complaint with the BBB. I'd do everything I could to make trouble for them personally.

That is ridiculous and infuriating.