Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Momma's Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 07:21 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Shes good... not shaken up even... just pissed about the black ice... wasnt even going 50km.... slid into a pole...

we both getting something out of it... well them more then me lol. The civic they have has a leaking gas tank, and the el has the same one. Going to swap them. And since the el's engine is a little bigger with less km, gonna see what's needed to swap them around as well...

what are sons for? Lol

Old 03-18-2019, 05:32 PM
BF Veteran

So shes been at the shop for the day, so far, new distributor cap and rotor, remaining spark plugs installed, leaking gas line fixed, spider injector is being swapped with a good used one, installed my used hub on the passenger. Gonna run me about 1g, labour and parts. Think it might be cheaper if I pay cash. Said he was gonna sell me a fender for 50, but i gotta take it off. If that's the case, I'm gonna take the plastic piece with it.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:00 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

Considering what you picked it up for to start if it ends up say under 3000 when all said done restored and runs like say a 5 yr old car you did real good.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:49 PM
BF Veteran

So I'm omw to pickup the jimmy.

payed 400 for the jimmy, 150$ tow, 850 in parts and labor, 640 for the certify, for a grand total of... 2040. I'm happy with it! Last thing I need to do, is fix the drivers fender. But that will wait for warmer weather.

oh, I need to get tires for it. Probably go for some second hand ones from the tire guy, so another 100$ lol...

Old 03-21-2019, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran

New problem, p0420. Manage to hook up a cheap code reader, got some numbers, but hard to record and drive and look at the phone and road all at once lol. So parked and idle.
*All in metric*
o2b1s1 - 0.510->0.560

o2v1s3 - 0.815->0.830

o2b2s1 - 0.890->0.905

I'm gonna say that the first one would be my issue, wondering if anyone can tell me if this info is even useful lol.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:41 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

Those are your O2 sensor readings. Not sure of values because I do not know if the parameters the meter uses are correct table. Bank 1 sensors 1 & 3 and bank 2 Sensor 1, There are only the 3 that I know of. That code is a haunt on this forum, something to do with emissions and lucky me we do not have that where I live, no smog, no inspections...just personal responsibility to know the laws.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:23 AM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

I think the values, for example o2b1s1 - 0.510->0.560 are 02 (oxygen), b1 = bank one, s1 = sensor one. The decimal numbers are ohm readings if I'm not mistaken. This one is stating a range of .510-.560 OR it's stating .510 and should be greater than .560. Are you running all the sensors?

Old 03-22-2019, 09:05 AM
BF Veteran

Yes sir. I'm looking more into it today, lol, maybe, it just started snowing.... I'm gonna search and see at which location it is, then pull it out tomorrow to get a good look. I believe everything on the truck is original, hell the plugs and wires were 19 years old.

today will be a day working on the blazer if the clouds open up, and the snow stops. Moms got the jimmy at work today.

edit: yes I out the numbers as ranges. As I wasn't able to get a video or graph up, I wrote the smallest and highest rating of each.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:58 PM
BF Veteran

Just noticed that I forgot about this thread! So I might as well update it as I still do work on it.

i managed to snag an acdelco water pump never installed for 65$. Got that installed but no pics, but here's proof!

and then past work done and add ons:

also my mom has done the heater core and LIM gaskets. As well as needed to swap the body module as one pin corroded and she lost her 4x4

Old 05-03-2020, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran

Had to let the gasket settle over night so figured I'd mess with the back hatch while it was still here....

when I bought the truck, the window would not latch shut. So I managed to get it shut and I disconnected it so it wouldnt happen again until I got it fixed. Well I haven't had the vehicle so I haven't thought about it. My mom mentioned it the other day so I figured it's time. With a little lub and some fingering, she latches shut no problem now...

used some wd40 and wiggled the latch mechanism a bunch and it doesnt stick open anymore. Noticed the wiper is a little slow, but most likely from sitting for so long and not being used...

Quick Reply: Momma's Jimmy