Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Momma's Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 06:00 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Oh man.... I cant even find one for the life of me, and there you are with two!.... I seen one back when we first got the blazer, but never again...

I'll be going tomorrow to get a matching rim, couple of plasticky trims, and an alternator to start checking it out. I love shopping at the yard! Wife hates it tho lol... means I'm spending money and not spending time with her. But little does she know this jimmy is for her!

Old 03-08-2019, 02:34 PM
BF Veteran

Went to the yard this morning, got myself some goodies. 68$ for:

alternator, rear passenger door trim piece, front driver fender plastic mould, center cap for my missing matching rim, jack cover, arm rest, front door rain deflectors.

only disappointment is that the jack cover is black, the interior is beige. But at least its covered.

heading back home shortly to hook up the battery catcher and get it started.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:27 PM
BF Veteran

Got the alternator installed, took a quick look at the wires and number 2 spark plug. They can use a change. Wires were all Kriss Kross, it made me wanna jump, jump...

pause....

Un plugged them and re routed them, got the truck boosted. And started! Shes got a shake and studded. But not bad. No engine light, forgot my code reader, so I'll have to check later if it's got anything stored. If not, I'll have to get a ten day, and take it down some side roads to see if anything comes up. I noticed the 4HI, and the 4AUTO, both will flash, but 2HI stays solid, and you can hear engagement. Muffler I'd starting to leak so that's added to the list. I'm debating on seeing how much a detail will cost, save me from trying to work in the cold. It not parked here at home, so makes working on it a little harder...

Old 03-08-2019, 07:13 PM
BF Veteran

Oh yea... noticed the back window part of the hatch, doesnt stay latched... so that's probably what keeps killing the battery... pushed the overdrive for the.lights... see if that helps...

Old 03-15-2019, 11:52 AM
BF Veteran

So I went to the yard today, got a MAP sensor, the wrong rim, and a better shape air box for the blazer.

got back home and the jimmy started. She runs rough, gonna go do the plugs and see where that goes. Took it for a small turn around the block, still no plates so cant go far. Shes got no *****. None whatsoever, take a good 2 minutes to get to 50km lol. Can use some new shock absorbers, she likes to bounce. Crawled underneath to see that I have a leak in one of my gas lines... I think it's the one that feeds to the motor. Other then that, I got that glass hatch shut, the pin doesnt go all the way, so had to push on it, and then go in the truck and push the pin the rest of the way. Figured that to be the reason the battery kept dieing. So got a spare alternator now.

Dummy...

Old 03-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

ROFL, been there done that on the boneyard part mistakes. Lesson learned, smart phone photo’s first then hunt and compare and double check glove box RPO. For 400$ and it runs I would not complain, I’d taken it to fix up for my daughter.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:06 PM
BF Veteran

So far it's been worth it... swapped out spark plug 2 and 4, running better already. Gonna swap the other 4 when it stops raining.

it's got 3 things going for it more then the blazer right now. It has working ac, working 4x4... and it's running lol

Old 03-15-2019, 06:14 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Trukntigger
ROFL, been there done that on the boneyard part mistakes. Lesson learned, smart phone photo’s first then hunt and compare and double check glove box RPO. For 400$ and it runs I would not complain, I’d taken it to fix up for my daughter.
I remember pulling front seats from a 97 bravada. Got them home, cleaned up nice, and when I went to put them into my 98...well, you see where this is going.
Luckily I have always had good luck selling parts on Craigslist.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran

So I'm posting this here because it's related to the jimmy.

woke up this morning with a voice mail, phone was off charging. Received 3 text messages at the same time, my mom got into an accident. Nothing serious. But enough to put their vehicle out of commission. After a day of searching, hearing what they wanted and not finding too much. So I decided to see if they wanted the jimmy. They decided to take it. So they are gonna send into the shop monday morning, pay to find out what's needed and how much, and then they will keep it for them. I'll finish the body work when the summer comes.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:17 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Hope she's OK. What a good son you are!

Quick Reply: Momma's Jimmy