Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   'low-ish' and 'loud-ish' (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/low-ish-loud-ish-72989/)

NewbieT 08-14-2012 01:03 AM

'low-ish' and 'loud-ish'

19 Attachment(s)
Welp I'm still pretty green around here so I figured I'd start up my build thread especially since I've gotten some things done to her. I picked up my '02 2dr 4x4 blazer at the end of May from Omak, WA if anyone knows where that is. I'm a minitrucker at heart and I've wanted a 2door blaze for a while now so I finally found my baby. It's the vin W with an auto tranny and 145k on the speedo as of now.
My future plans include:
  • 2 12" fi ssd subs
  • new speakers all around including 4x6 to replace stock tweeters in dash
  • rockford t1k with knukonceptz wiring kit
  • fatmat the whole truck
  • Blacked out tint
  • repaint c/d pillar trim
  • 20's YEA BUDDYY!!
  • W4M tune
  • flowmaster super 44 and high flow cat
  • halo projector's with HID kit
  • clear corners and euro tails
  • color match some interior plastics
Stuff I've already done:
  • Coolant flush, t stat, upper/lower rad hoses
  • real good tune up along with a "new" junkyard MAF
  • inner/outer tierods, idler arm, complete moog UCA's and lower bj's, d/s oil seal, rear wheel bearings and seals, changed front/rear diff fluid
  • Loaded rear calipers and rotors
  • new tires (she was sittin on 31" wanna be mud boggers with a mild tbar tweak)
  • 4inch angled drop blocks and torsion keys
  • pioneer avh p1400 dvd receiver
  • my old system that consists of 2 10" alpine type E subs powered by a rockford punch 250 bridged, hits hard enough for now
  • blue LED interior
  • debadged and sexified aka polish and wax job
How bout some pics you ask? ok but only a few.

When I first brought her home:

Attachment 33587
Attachment 33588

Throwin in the blocks:
Attachment 33589
Attachment 33590
Attachment 33591

Wheel seals and bearings:

Attachment 33592

Random diff pic:

Attachment 33594

Torsion key comparison:

Attachment 33595
Attachment 33596

Doin the dirt:

Attachment 33597

Pioneer headunit:

Attachment 33598

Gettin lower:

Attachment 33599

Rear was dropped and the front was still stock-ish:

Attachment 33600

Attachment 33601
Attachment 33602

As of today:

Attachment 33603
Attachment 33604

Possible sig pic??

Attachment 33605

I'll get a better night pic with all the lights in it:
Attachment 33606

That's it for now but there's lot's more to come, thanks for readin.

Logan 08-14-2012 03:51 PM

Looking good!

Thats my next project. But make it into a modern style Typhoon,

99Legendary 08-15-2012 01:34 PM

Looks good.

Personally not a fan of lowered trucks at ALL, but this one actually looks good. Keep it up

NewbieT 08-15-2012 05:54 PM

Thanks guys, thanks for the respect legendary. Everyone has their cup of tea and lowered happens to be mine I'm just surprised I haven't gotten the "but it's a 4x4" from anyone I know haha.

Rottidog 08-15-2012 09:23 PM

But it's a 4x4! They're not meant to be lowered! They're meant to be RAISED, big ass tires, lift kits, maybe SAS, dual exhaust, supercharger, marine intake, cammed, lower gearing for the tires, front & rear receiver hitches for the portable winch.... ok lowered is cool too, but on a 4x4?!
I hope Idaho doesn't get much snow & friends/family be a calling because you have a 4x4 lol.
"I do have 4x4... but it's only good in 3" of snow!"

Cheers!

dchomie87 08-15-2012 10:05 PM

HELLZ YEA... Im doing almost the same kinda thing... except with 4DR 4WD... LOVE the lowered blazer look. I did 3 inch rear drop, gonna do torsion drop keys (for now I just took t-bar adjustment bolts out), and I am currently building custom led taillights. PICS will soon come. Oh and newbie you'll like your truck alot more if you drop the roof rack (at least I think mine looks better without it. Looks good tho.

NewbieT 08-15-2012 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rottidog (Post 535484)
But it's a 4x4! They're not meant to be lowered! They're meant to be RAISED, big ass tires, lift kits, maybe SAS, dual exhaust, supercharger, marine intake, cammed, lower gearing for the tires, front & rear receiver hitches for the portable winch.... ok lowered is cool too, but on a 4x4?!
I hope Idaho doesn't get much snow & friends/family be a calling because you have a 4x4 lol.
"I do have 4x4... but it's only good in 3" of snow!"

Cheers!

Haha yup that's the stuff I was talkin bout, I am thinking about supercharging it cuz the motor is still running strong. We actually can get quite a bit of snow but I was driving around in a 99 altima with some all seasons no chains so this should be a breeze. I was thinkin bout pullin the rack and carrier off but we'll see, I could only do it when and if I have it repainted. Thanks for the comments guys

dchomie87 08-15-2012 11:38 PM

Dude I catch that all the time about mine being 4X4, mine actually has a huge 4X4 decal on both rear quarter panels so every time some one looks at my truck they start ranting and raving of how I'm stupid and it's 4X4.

NewbieT 08-16-2012 08:31 PM

Haha that's the reason I kept the 4x4 stickers on, I think it's funny. But to each their own. Do you have some fat vinyls or what?

Brian_D 08-16-2012 08:32 PM

CLEAN, you make me wanna drop mine lol and its a 4x4