Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

mdehoogh's 98 build

Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

you can hit some mad shopping carts with that

Old 02-28-2011, 10:57 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
lookin' sick Matt!

while i'm not usually a big fan of the blacked out wheels, your rig pulls it off, in spades! i wouldn't add any caps, looks just right as she stands now.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:01 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
The stock chevy caps for these require those lug nut threaded caps as well and I don't really care for those.

I wonder if the cragar kind would work...
lol my spare rim is the same as your rims I'll see if my center caps from my pro comps work

Old 03-10-2011, 10:03 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Just picked up a full-sized spare. Maybe it will motivate me to finally put the swingout carrier on the back :P

No damage, holds air and only $20! Thank you craigslist. Now if only I can find a PA3 wheel to put it on

Old 03-10-2011, 11:41 AM
BF Veteran

too bad you're so far away I'd give my my spare rim. lol its already black

Old 03-10-2011, 12:43 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
too bad you're so far away I'd give my my spare rim. lol its already black
Yeah I sprayed my spare rim with the tire still on. You can kind of see it underneath the BFG in that pic. The only problem is the spare rim isn't the same as the ones on my truck. The spokes are a little bit different between the 2WD and 4WD steel wheels so I've been trying to find a wheel that actually matches but I guess the stock spare is close enough.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:32 PM
BF Veteran

I didn't think they were that different from the 2wd other than the backspacing... if you do decide to get a rear tire carrier the spare rim you have now will fit nicer on the rack than the 2wd rim. my pro comps stick out a little since the backspacing isn't as much

(stock wheel)

the 2wd will probably stick out about the same as my pro comp

Last edited by Benedict1337; 03-10-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:29 PM
BF Veteran

thanks for the pics, now I'm glad I went ahead with the stock rim instead of holding out to find a matching 2wd rim. I wonder, though, if there's a difference between 2wd and 4wd tire carriers to account for the different wheel specs

Other than the lower backspacing, there's barely any difference between them anyway.

4WD

2WD, they need to be repainted but it looks especially weird in this pic b/c it had just been washed

Old 03-18-2011, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran

I've updated the other thread about tire carriers on 4drs but I figured I'd post in my build as well.

Anyone know a way to turn the white letters black? The black sidewall is in much worse condition so I had them mount white out. I guess it's not that big of a deal but there's very little white/silver on the truck and I've been trying to avoid it as much as possible

Old 03-18-2011, 11:22 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

I've seen people use black silicone to hide white letters mounted to the inside. I don't know how well it would look close up though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mdehoogh's 98 build