Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My Big Baby(project)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 05:36 PM
CHEVYBOY89 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newguy
good deal , you got lucky
yeah thats how i felt.. even though i had to take the header off and put the manifold back to the O2 out but it was worth it to not have to buy a new one.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:03 PM

Well since I can't drive my truck once again because the trans acts like it's stuck in neutral after the truck shut off while I was driving. I put it in neutral and cranked it back up when i put it back in drive and hit the gas and got nothing but a strong rev...no go power...I thought my converter bolts slipped out or something but nope it's spotting tranny fluid also... it just randomly happened I had no slipping going on it was running perfect the tranny fluid is pink and not burned I'm just puzzled and gonna put a tranny I saw at the bone yard the truck has 120xxx on it so it's pretty much my only candidate and it's only 100 bucks so im not gonna tackle trying to figure out what's wrong I'm just gonna swap it out

Old 05-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Starting Member
JavierEscalonJr is on a distinguished road

How's the t tank holding up and I have to say your truck is looking good

Old 05-06-2014, 09:07 PM

Thank you the tank is holding a whole lot better than I thought it would...hasn't leaked a drop...although I did have to tighten the filler neck vent...when i poured in gas I saw drippings and got scared... haha

Old 05-23-2014, 12:01 PM

Small update I have been busy!!

So since the tranny went bad, I went out searching for a nice good used one...
since my truck is a junkyard build because im not rich..lol..i thought i would find one there which i dint... so i went searching craigslist and came across a workhorse rust bucket 89' Chevy 1500 pick up with not even 100xxx miles. It had a fried ECM because the previous owner put the battery cables on backwards. He also fried the fuel pump.

He wanted $700.

I paid $500.
(SWEEEEEEEEET)

I got it home and i had an extra ECM and fuel pump from a truck a scrapped a while ago...(Genius for taking all working items when junking a POS)

Snapped the ECM in and cut an access hole in the bed to fix the fuel pump ended up having to hose the fuel line in a few spots but after i did that it fired right up with the charge of the battery....

it runs really good for how it looks.. i even went out and did a little scrapping and made a few bucks with it...

now my debate is do i take the engine from the pick up also because the trans is going in the blazer for sure... but i just installed the engine thats in the blazer not too long ago and the engine in the blazer is stronger than the one in the the pickup.

my trans is already out of the blazer so it would be a little easier to take the engine out and do the swap from the pick up with the engine and trans attached but it also wouldnt be hard to detach the tranny from the engine if i pull them both from the pick up together...

either way i now have 2 good engines and lots of good interior parts.. the pick up has leather esclade seats and they are most defintely going in the blazer

but what should i do with the engine???

Old 05-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Beginning Member
Riggins Brian is on a distinguished road

id just keep it for a back up

Old 05-25-2014, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Riggins Brian
id just keep it for a back up
Having too many Chevy 350 small blocks never hurt anyone lol

Old 05-25-2014, 10:42 PM
Beginning Member
Riggins Brian is on a distinguished road

exactly lol

Old 05-28-2014, 11:04 PM

new steering wheel i installed it today... still havent gotten around to swapping that tranny from the 1500 pick up

Attached Thumbnails My Big Baby(project)-1904077_10202190225779052_1116997118048306551_n.jpg  
Old 05-28-2014, 11:24 PM

i also got a wood grain trim kit for the dash and doors

Quick Reply: My Big Baby(project)