Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   My Black Widow K5 (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/my-black-widow-k5-63299/)

Dweeberman 09-20-2011 12:11 PM

My Black Widow K5

2 Attachment(s)
Well let’s start from the very beginning when I purchased my 1989 Chevorlet K5 Blazer earlier this year:

purchased it for $4k. The day after I spent $200.00 to repair the steering column (had some broken clips inside and when I turned the wheel the ignition would disconnect and my truck would shut off..not so good when merging on and off the freeway). Once that got fixed I had to work on my gas pedal because it was bent and I could only go 2/3rds throttle. After all that was done, I drove to work 2 days after that and then blew my head gasket, cracked both heads, found the radiator had a bad leak and my fan was not working (got a new auto fan clutch...all cost around $3,300.00). definitely started off as the worst investment ever lol. after I got it back, I had to change the cat as it was downsized to a 2.5in with some air holes plugged (don’t know who put it on but they are flat out dumb...). $250.00 on a magnaflow cat and then $175.00 on the new flowmaster as the old one was horrible sounding. I have changed the thermostat twice now and it is running 40degrees hotter than it should b still (195 thermo but runs at 235degrees). Now she is starting to sputter occasionally like she is not receiving gas (only happens once when I start the truck up until I turn it off). On a good note, the blazer came with fresh new 33in Toyo M/T's and a 2in lift on the k5 and a 4 in lift that came with the package deal. Over the weekend I installed the lift (by myself) and everyone flaked on helping. She looks good now but looks only go so far...

to do list: gears (4.11's F/R), cargo rack on top of shell, light bar on top of cab, bully bar up front with a winch (fingers crossed), new fuel pump, new water pump, wheel spacers for rear end, some performance mods...list will grow as time keeps passing. I have attached the pictures of the end result of my 4in lift project that I completed over the weekend! Also I put the top on for the upcoming colder seasons. I will keep updating this thread with all progress I make on this man killing machine!

Dweeberman 09-21-2011 10:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple more pictures for y'all! Looks like not to much progress will be made until mid nexth month when i have money again. This is going too slow!!!

TheRandom1 09-21-2011 10:48 AM

Really is a shame you're having so many issues with it... that's a sweet looking rig!

Dweeberman 09-21-2011 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by TheRandom1 (Post 461761)
Really is a shame you're having so many issues with it... that's a sweet looking rig!

it makes it all worse since this is my daily driver and im only 21 working paycheck to paycheck. And thank you for the compliment on her! Much appreciated :)

TheRandom1 09-21-2011 04:29 PM

Ouch, yes that's even worse. I'm nearly 30 and living that way because of mine, so I know how it feels, haha.

kevlar974 09-21-2011 09:05 PM

Nice truck
Get used to living check to check even when you make good money you just spend more and still end up broke your toys get nicer though lol.

Dweeberman 09-22-2011 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by kevlar974 (Post 461922)
Nice truck
Get used to living check to check even when you make good money you just spend more and still end up broke your toys get nicer though lol.

Thank you! Well i just cant wait to my blazer in "good" running condition where i dont have to stare at my gauges while driving to make sure she is not dying. I know its always going to require to be worked on, but i want it to be worked on to improve the condition not where i have to work on it to possibly make it to work! Ugh oh well if all goes according to plan, by the end of next year she should be complete with all i want to fix/addon! Finger's crossed :icon_playing:

FsTFwRd 09-23-2011 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by kevlar974 (Post 461922)
Nice truck

HAHA wow! so true

Originally Posted by Dweeberman (Post 462004)
Thank you! Well i just cant wait to my blazer in "good" running condition where i dont have to stare at my gauges while driving to make sure she is not dying. I know its always going to require to be worked on, but i want it to be worked on to improve the condition not where i have to work on it to possibly make it to work! Ugh oh well if all goes according to plan, by the end of next year she should be complete with all i want to fix/addon! Finger's crossed :icon_playing:

Good luck with it! Its a sweet looking truck..