Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   My first Chevy! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/my-first-chevy-73244/)

TheWrecker 08-24-2012 08:23 PM

My first Chevy!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone. Now I'm kinda new to this whole thread thing, if I make a mistake, help me by pointing it out. Alright, Now down to business!
I recently came across an '86 Chevy K5 Blazer. It was hidden behind a couple Prius's at our Toyota dealership. God I hate those hamsters on wheels!
Anyways! I took it off their hands for a minor 4700. Had a newly rebuilt 5.7L V8 350 with less than 56,000 miles on it. New transmission, 33" tires with only bout 100 miles on them, rebuilt rear end and a brand new paint job. For the price and low amount of rust, it was a steal!
Attachment 9895
Now that I had it home I had the chance to check it out a bit more in detail. Found some quarter sized rust spots in the bed of the truck. Don't have any pictures of it, but I will get some soon!
Now begins the journey for it to live up to her name; The Wrecker!
I'll keep you posted!

warthogdriver 08-24-2012 09:14 PM

for 4700 it looks like you got a great deal.
did you drive it over the prius's as you left?

TheWrecker 08-24-2012 10:02 PM

Haha. It was a great deal! And no, but someone was pulling out of the dealership as I pulled out, and I tended to rev my engine as they gave me that go to hell look, and flipped them off haha.

TheWrecker 08-24-2012 10:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Okay. So I just beat the sun! Got a few more pictures on things that I'm about to fix. First off, here's a picture of the rebuilt 5.7L 350 V8Attachment 9896
Now to the editing haha. I noticed as I was driving it around that it rubs quite some on turns. So I figure I better investigate before it eats up my tires, and sure enough!
Attachment 9898
I found the culprit!
Now Sunday, I'm headed to a friends garage and we are going to shave some of that off. Both sides. Was going to just lift it, but that'd mean spending 400 bucks that I don't have. I'm a poor college kid driving a truck that gets 11mpg hahaha. :icon_laugh:
Ironic!
Now the fan blade I'm going to change out. I've had several suggestions on that. Don't know yet which I should do. Any ideas?

TheWrecker 08-24-2012 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I like the camper on the back, but I decided to take it off seeing as that hurricane is coming in and I don't know how long it'll be till I can enjoy some of this great southern sun!
Attachment 9899
Going to get her dirty this weekend. Right now, I think she's just too clean haha.

Rottidog 08-24-2012 11:18 PM

Ok 1st off WTG, I'd love to have a K5.
2nd how the hell was THAT "It was hidden behind a couple Prius's at our Toyota dealership"???
Yeah they hide well behind hybrids lol & on 33's! NOT!
That was a camper or just a box cap?
One of the 1st things (personally) I'd do is rocker guard the rockers... not just because it protects them, but to get rid of the baby blue lol.
Looks like you have a decent truck there with tons of potential & really good looks! Minus the baby blue that is ;-)

TheWrecker 08-24-2012 11:49 PM

Haha. So i guess I'll go in order.
1. I love K5's. The square, full metal body just grabs your attention.
2. It must have been hidden, seeing as I got to buy it and it was sitting there for 3 weeks haha. Must have been the only to notice it xD
3. The baby blue will definitely have to go! I've got alot of ideas for it. Plenty I'm sure I'll pay for in gas mileage!
And to your question, I'm not too sure. I'm knew to this whole K5 thing myself lol. My last vehicle was a '94 Jeep Cherokee :P

TheWrecker 08-26-2012 05:37 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Okay so an update on the getting the wheel wells shaved. Had a buddy of mine help me out.
Attachment 9921
Attachment 9922
Attachment 9923
Attachment 9924
She don't rub anymore, and once my bushwacker fender flares get on it'll be unnoticeable. :D

Here's a picture of the project my buddy is currently working on. Ain't a mudder but it'll look good when he gets it done.
Attachment 9925

BillyTheBlazer 08-26-2012 07:00 PM

Sweet ride! Congrats!

TheWrecker 09-02-2012 03:02 PM

So I know it's been awhile since I've done an update. Doing random jobs for people, and trying to figure out the next step for the truck. I do know sometime in October I'll be installing a 4 inch lift on it. :D
Anyways, I want opinions. My truck is pulled by the 5.7L 350 V8. I'm trying to decide on what type of exhaust I should put on it. Anyone know of any ideas. People keep telling me Flowmasters. But when it comes to exhaust, I'm damn near clueless! I just want it loud but not obnoxious hahaha. Thanks guys!