Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   my Minnie blazer build lots of pics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/my-minnie-blazer-build-lots-pics-68295/)

war00 02-23-2012 12:59 AM

my Minnie blazer build lots of pics

12 Attachment(s)
Hello all, this is my 2000 Chevy Blazer 2dr build. I bought the truck for $1200 with a blown intake gasket and 172000kms 3yrs ago and thats all it need to put on the road and safety. Today she's running strong with 250000km's.
since than i have done:
-spider injecter upgrade cmpfi
-fuel pump
-multifunction switch
-accel coil
-silver star head lights
-rough country 2.5" lift kit

I forgot to take a before pic but made up for it with lots of pics during the build.

Attachment 8794
pile of parts waiting to be installed

Attachment 8795
31" Wild Country MTX tires on 15x8 eagle alloys with 3" Back spacing

Attachment 8796
2.5" Rough Country Kit

Attachment 8797
cutting the diff mount and shaping it for the new drop bracket

Attachment 8798

Attachment 8799
Had to bend the bracket to be able to lower the diff out of the way. next time im gonna drop the center link on the driver side.

Attachment 8800
drop bracket and new oil seals

Attachment 8801

Attachment 8802
showing where the front diff sits after drop brackets installed

Attachment 8803
rusted out shackles, thank lord the RC kit comes with new ones.

Attachment 8804
bolts were rusted in the frame and leaf springs, i had to cut the shackles off with a grinder, remove the side bumper skirt and drill out the bushings. not a fun job!!!

Attachment 8806

I havent been able to install my wheels yet because they are rubbing on the bumper and fenders. i dont have the guts build up yet to cut my fenders and bumps. Im thinking of installing a body lift but not too sure if thats gonna make the budget this year as i want to replace the the lower front rear quarter panels on both sides and bedliner below the bodyline. but for now thats all i got and will continue to post here as things move on.

xgiovannix12 02-23-2012 01:04 AM

looking good so far

Z3r0t0l0rEnCe 03-04-2012 04:03 PM

Nice. Following as I'm about to do this same kit soon.

warthogdriver 03-04-2012 04:32 PM

i agree...sounds like a good deal for you all around.
and nice add ons as well.

war00 03-04-2012 04:32 PM

well i just completed my first long trip with this kit. Did 1000km from Toronto to Windsor Ont, and was really pleased with the ride on the hwy doing 110km. Not harsh like it was before with the t-bars cranked. THo its not a perfect kit but none are, when the weather gets better im going to tweak the diff lowering brackets to better the cv angle on the psg side.

war00 04-16-2012 10:48 PM

Getting ready for summer fun!!!

3 Attachment(s)
so i picked up a set of front 4dr power heated leather seats from the wreckers for $60 and finally got around to installing them. took me about 4hrs to do this but only because i wanted the psg seat to function as a 2dr seat would (fold up and slide forward) so in order to do this i had to pull out the old seat and completly disassemble the seat, to get access to the hinges, cables, and bolts for the one track. Than do the same to the leather and reassemble both seats (i have a plan for the old seats). so now all that is left is to wire up the heated seats and lumbar switch on the psg side. prolly get around to that next weekend maybe! need to go back to the wreckers to see if i can find a charcoal colored handle for the tilt and a new lumbar switch.

Also when i was at the wreckers i managed to get a a complete sunroof for $70 so i spent half of sat installing that and got it all working. What a PIA. Had to rip out the all the side panels, visors, upper consol, seat belts, a-pilars just to drop the headliner without wrecking it. I do have to say tho that it was well worth the repair effort. I've owned this truck for 3yrs and it has never worked, driver side cable seized and stripped the gear inside the unit, and forced it closed never to be opened again. NOT...LOL!!!

also went ahead and painted the front grill and tinted out the front turn signals. Gonna do the tail lights when i get a replacement lens for the right rear.

next repair/mod is going to be welding in new rear front lower quarter panels on both sides and bedlining the lower half. and install my $30 class 3 wreckers hitch. :D

Old Skool Soldier 04-17-2012 04:16 PM

Lookin' great! The scrapyards up in Northern Ont quoted me $500 for leather interior!! ( I've 4 door though) Also have the RC lift. My angles are pretty on the ball though, barely any change.

-OSS

war00 04-27-2012 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Old Skool Soldier (Post 514553)
Lookin' great! The scrapyards up in Northern Ont quoted me $500 for leather interior!! ( I've 4 door though) Also have the RC lift. My angles are pretty on the ball though, barely any change.

-OSS

$500 for leather seats holy S bombs!!! I went to a U pull it yard. you dont find that your psg cv angle is more on the psg than on the driver side?

war00 06-25-2012 01:16 AM

So i finally got cleared from my doc to go back to work this week. So i was feeling up to the challenge of trimming my fenders back to clear my wheel/tire combo. Well almost 6 hrs later its almost done. I went about it quite differently than most here do and from previous experience, this time i cut a pie like shape out and bent it back and welded it up an filled in the hole in behind the fender with some sheet metal and glassed it all up to try and make it look stock. all i got left to do now is a little bit of shaping and finishing work and pick up some bedliner and do the lower half all around the truck. all in all it turned out pretty good and any imperfections will be masked by the bedliner and hey it aint winning no beauty contest thats for sure its a truck/suv.....lol
i will post a pics in the morning. after all this work and i still cant install my tires as im in need of an idler arm and 2 wheel bearings. dont want to prematuraly wear out my new tires.