Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 05:13 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Yea man it sure is hard to keep my blazer clean as well , and my pressure washer is broken , so I have to get a new one .

Old 06-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Jimmy_Blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
So I have alot of add ons coming up so I figured I would start a build thread to show them all off. Up until today I had tinted my windows, put on 31x10.5 BFG's on 15x8 4.5bs rockcrawlers, a decent amount of fender trimming and removed the front valance for clearance.

My 4x4 had stopped working so I decided it was time to make a posi lock system for it. I won't make an entire how to thread but I did take pics along the way and will answer any questions I can. After reading a few threads on here and other forums this is what I was able to come up with. All together I have about $45 in this project. I'm very happy with the install and even happier that I won't have to worry about my 4x4 not working cause of some stupid little hose.

These are the parts I used

I ordered this locking cable Heavy-Duty T-Handle Locking Cables - 10 Feet*-*Buyers*RO9D3.5X10 because its heavy duty and blends in well rather than the silver cables I have seen. It was $24 shipped to my door and I ordered it on Thursday and it arrived on Saturday.

Here are a few photos of the process I used I'm not going to comment on all of them but if you have questions feel free to ask.

The install took about 2 hours start to finish and it works perfectly.

Next to come is Surco roof rack, and bedliner the rockers and bumpers.
Hey man, love the posi lock idea, I'm actually doing the same thing myself, used the link as well, but where did you get that Watts Compression fitting? I went to several hardware stores and no one could help me find it.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:50 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Blazer
Hey man, love the posi lock idea, I'm actually doing the same thing myself, used the link as well, but where did you get that Watts Compression fitting? I went to several hardware stores and no one could help me find it.

did ya try the depot or lowes

Old 07-01-2012, 06:11 AM

Yes, both

Old 07-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I got mine at home depot! Its was in the plumbing section there is a huge display of fittings then its just a matter of finding the right one. If you can't find one let me know and I'll pick one up and send it to you for $10.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 PM

Found it! Got it all hooked up. How far do you pull out the handle and how hard? When I pull the handle it only comes out about a half inch.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Awesome!! Mine moves about an inch to inch and a quarter maybe. I know if I don't turn the handle to unlock it it only moves about a half inch. Make sure its fully unlocked but it really didn't need to move far at all to engage.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Maurer6156 will become famous soon enough

Awesome looking truck so far! I love the posi lock idea (been thinking about doing that it for a while) and the roof rack with lights is sweet.

Just wondering, with the bedliner in the door jams does it cause any clearance issues? I was debating on doing that on mine but I was worried it would be thick enough to were it would rub on each.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Beginning Member
blazerlt1999 is on a distinguished road

Awesome thread thanks mine is electric to but that's a real option also i do like the auto 4wd feature as we had snow last winter first time in 60 years, thanks for sharing.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Maurer6156
Awesome looking truck so far! I love the posi lock idea (been thinking about doing that it for a while) and the roof rack with lights is sweet.

Just wondering, with the bedliner in the door jams does it cause any clearance issues? I was debating on doing that on mine but I was worried it would be thick enough to were it would rub on each.
Thanks man! The bedliner is no where near thick enough to cause any issues with the doors and such. Go ahead and do it you won't regret it!!

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build